Our basement lego city

dgoodfellow

My daughter and I just made a video showing our lego city layout. Still a work in progress, however we just finished the benches so finally were able to merge our 9v trains with our modulars. next we plan to build MOC roads brick by brick. Check it out on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAzYLMoCi1Q Hope you like it.

We used the cheapest ikea desk legs and 4 foot by 4 foot plywood to build our four tables. We also framed the perimeter in 1x3 pine for further reinforcement. Probably would have been cheaper to just build the bench frame and legs from 2x4 lumber but I wanted it to be lighter and more compact if we have to move it in the future. We also have wall size cubic ikea shelving that stores much of our display collection.

I told my daughter I wanted to cut a hole in the wall. and extend the train into the next room of the basement for the hogwarts area. She promptly told my wife the plan. All I could say to my daughter was that she needs to work on her timing and delivery. As expected that plan was shot down. :-)

Hmmm. you are absolutely right, we don't have a police station. Now that Hobos are moving in and crime is up we will have to deploy our police mobile command unit and our biker cops. That should keep things in check till the police have a permanent home. Last night we built a single section of MOC road out of bricks. It looks fantastic but it is going to take a lot more bricks.