75153 - AT-ST Walker

Lordoflego

4 hours ago, Lordoflego said:

449 pcs for $39.99

image.jpeg

449 pcs for $39.99 ... €49,99 in Germany ... and guess what ... €54,99 in The Netherlands. :( 

But I still like it, and because I don't have any AT-ST in my collection yet, I will definitely get it. I'll just wait till a good discount (30% or better) comes around or a must-have free promo in LEGO Shop at Home... ;) 

the OT connection definitely gives this one an edge of all the Rogue One sets.  though the RO ships are nice adaption of the OT style, none of them seem to be must haves.  The US pricing on this is also quite nice.  I am a bit confused with the pricing on RO sets in general though, seems to be all over the place, both in ppp and in Exchange rates.  the large sets are more in dollars than in pounds, but the smallest is actually less???

Edited by jay4e

1 hour ago, lego rules said:

are these about to scale to the AT AT?

this actually looks closer to minfig scale.  The  AT-AT should be bigger than the lego (and most toy) versions.

from wookieepedia: AT-AT 22.5m tall, AT-ST 8.6m tall.  here is a good comparison of the AT-DP vs AT-AT (11.6m tall) https://www.flickr.com/photos/59263516@N08/16028449364   75083 also looks pretty close to minfig scale, but the AT-AT should be double the height of the AT-DP.

Edited by jay4e

this actually looks closer to minfig scale.  The  AT-AT should be bigger than the lego (and most toy) versions.

from wookieepedia: AT-AT 22.5m tall, AT-ST 8.6m tall.  here is a good comparison of the AT-DP vs AT-AT (11.6m tall) https://www.flickr.com/photos/59263516@N08/16028449364   75083 also looks pretty close to minfig scale, but the AT-AT should be double the height of the AT-DP.

Looks weird.

While the at-at is not minifig scale, you can't fault Lego for taking liberties on their previous version to make it a little more affordable for the masses.  Otherwise the at-at would be a 600.00 set if it was minifigure scale. 

Same goes with the millennium falcon.

I do like this set, but i'd rank it 3rd out of the 5.  U-wing is definitely my favorite, followed by Krennic's Imperial Tydirum/Kylo Ren's Ship hybird.  Then i'd put this rehash 3rd.  The main sales point to this set is Baze, IMO.  He looks like one of the more interesting characters from Rogue One.  I just hope they don't pull a Captain Phasma on him, and let the marketing machine hype him up, then in the movie you pretty much have a giant let down because he's not as bad as they made him out to be.

• 3 weeks later...