70006 - Cragger's Command Ship

Legodog

I've stayed away from Chima so far....I just find my investment dollars are better dumped into LOTR or SuperHeroes.

But you guys might be onto something with a holiday flip of these big first wave items for the holidays, assuming the show has a good effect on the set demand. I may have to reconsider avoiding the little furballs...

• 7 months later...

No, but I think the member who posted the link is probably affiliated with it and is trying to drum up some business. A store that only sells Chima? Good luck with that!

I deleted that post.  That is someone that was just trying to get affiliate dollars for themselves.  They will not be a member for long.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have seen these at Target for $56. With target red card and tax they come out to $57 net. Are these worth picking up since they are retired and the retail is $79.99.

It does have more pieces and nicer detailed minifigs than destiny's bounty IMO. But don't know if Ninjago effect was on the bounty ship. I still like the detail on the ship and the jet skis.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm surprised the cragger ship is still lingering at Amazon. Hopefully the holiday sale will dry up the remaining stock and we'll see some growth on this set. On the flip side, the ship is not moving after retirement so it apparently does not have lion chi type of potential.

Edited by allen9917

I'm surprised the cragger ship is still lingering at Amazon. Hopefully the holiday sale will dry up the remaining stock and we'll see some growth on this set. On the flip side, the ship is not moving after retirement so it apparently does have lion chi type of potential.

My son and I built one the other day. It's a real nice set.

I'm surprised the cragger ship is still lingering at Amazon. Hopefully the holiday sale will dry up the remaining stock and we'll see some growth on this set. On the flip side, the ship is not moving after retirement so it apparently does not have lion chi type of potential.

Based on the kids that I know, the Lions are the most popular. I think the Temple will probably outperform the other large Chima sets.

Im not sure anything but the lion temple does. At least not for a while. Chima is a weird nut to crack right now. In reality, it picks up at Christmas, but its like during the year no one wants it,

I am holding old sets though - I think it could still take off. Lego will pound it in to children. And the new fire and ice sets are awesome.