Suggestion on downloading brickfoilo data.

Ted

I think this might qualify as a possible update to Brickpicker when there is a chance to do so?

Don't get me wrong, Brickpicker is great but i am thinking about improving just a tiny aspect of it.

Here goes.

When downloading the brickfolio data as an excel file, is it possible to have the items to be downloaded listed in checkboxes. Meaning we can just check the boxes for items that we want to download and leave the rest in the system. All this so that we download a more sort of tailored list that each individual wanted instaed of going into excel again ande deleting columns and sorting...(not that difficult but...)

If the above is too difficult for the progamer to do so, then may i suggest at least have the box code (24S5 etc) included in the downloaded data? at the moment it is not included.

Thanks for all the hard works guys.

I am not really sure what the benefit for only downloading what you want or how many people would actually use that?  There are people with thousands of sets in their brickfolios. The download of the excel file is pretty fast even for big ones and then once you have it in excel you can filter and select only the sets you want to see.  It's essentially the same thing.

Yes I can add the box codes

I am not really sure what the benefit for only downloading what you want or how many people would actually use that?  There are people with thousands of sets in their brickfolios. The download of the excel file is pretty fast even for big ones and then once you have it in excel you can filter and select only the sets you want to see.  It's essentially the same thing.

Yes I can add the box codes

The ability to manipulate the data within Excel seems much easier than utilizing checkboxes prior to download - easier to simply filter out what you want in Excel from the complete data-dump rather than deal with pre-filtered data.

Glad you are willing to put the effort into modifying BP but feel it isn't value-added (outside of appealing to customer request).

I am not sure what this means?

I applaud your desire to expand the capabilities per a customer request, but I feel that the effort to code in the checkboxes doesn't improve the tool. (I was agreeing with you that the ability within Excel is easy, but happy you were willing to put make changes based on customer feedback - even though it was more to please the customer than improve the tool).

I appreciate all suggestions.  There is a huge update coming in the coming weeks or so (all depending on my time allotment).  I thought it would have been done already, but every page of the site is being update/removed/etc. (Except the forum, that is not my code and I add some plugins here and there).