Mech MOCs

TheOrcKing

3 hours ago, stackables said:

Lego just needs the rights to produce the sets.  Not sure what Disney has to do with it.  Just take over the license that Mega Bloks has currently.

Hasbro owns transformers outright.... It's like saying I wish Lego would license Ninjago or Bionicle to hasbro to make some toys. Just never gonna happen. Mega Bloks or Mega Construx  (Mattel)  does not have Transformers. They are all competitors. I only mentioned Disney because if they bought Hasbro I can see how they may be able to work something out given how long their relationship has been and how many existing themes they have currently.  

remember Kre-O?

4 hours ago, joch29 said:

Hasbro owns transformers outright.... It's like saying I wish Lego would license Ninjago or Bionicle to hasbro to make some toys. Just never gonna happen. Mega Bloks or Mega Construx  (Mattel)  does not have Transformers. They are all competitors. I only mentioned Disney because if they bought Hasbro I can see how they may be able to work something out given how long their relationship has been and how many existing themes they have currently.  

remember Kre-O?

Was He-Man mega bloks then?  For some reason I forgot the transformer sets were Kre-0.  Not sure why I thought they were mega bloks.

yep.. still hoping to pickup  grayskull at a cheap price but window is getting smaller now.  Still have the Enterprise and Technodrome sitting in boxes. 

I'm like you guys, if they could somehow figure something out, transformers as lego that actually transforms would be a definite buy.  It's the only MOC I've done buying pieces on bricklink. 

4 hours ago, joch29 said:

I like Chris Roach's work.

https://youtu.be/UjgZqy3YmRs

Thats impressive, thanks for the share.  I'm thinking functions the same, but maybe twice the size.  With all the crazy licences lego has ventured since only having space, castle, system,  & technic when i was a kid, Im not so quick to dismiss the idea. More IP's tend to get the Lego Treatment vs the Hasboro treatment. It makes sense what you say, but never gonna happen may be a bit too definitive, but then again I tend to me more of an optimist.  Minecraft, NES, Bob the builder, Thomas and Friends, Trolls, power puff girls, Overwatch, Sonic, Angrybirds are all toys/games that are competing in the same space. Just maaaaybeeee lol:lol::good:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...