How did you come up with your User Name?

Guest TabbyBoy

We have 3 cats, my favourite is a Tabby and he's a Boy! For obvious reasons, my usernames for LEGO and eBay are totally different.

Mine comes from a 3rd party campaign that I developed with a group of guys for a game called Myth 2 Soulblighter some years ago. The game series follows the story of light vs dark, good vs evil, which rotates on a millennial cycle. At the end of a light age, an entity is born/created to wipe out the world and turn the cycle to a dark age. The Leveler is the name of this entity, and in our campaign The Leveler's name is Zelgazra.  Started using it as my online handle when I got my PS4 a couple years ago. Went by something else for many years before that, with an equally strange origin story. Not relevant here I suppose. 

Edit: As a sort of funny aside; generally my gaming buds just refer to me as Zel for short (only about 2% can pronounce my name correctly on first meeting), so I get used to being referred to as Zel. 

My cat's name is Zelda. I call her Zel all the time myself. If I stop and think about it for any moment of time, it gets weird. :P

Edited by Zelgazra

Mine is to parts, "Alpine" and "maps".

Maps because that's what I do (or did) for a living.

Alpine was the name of my cat.  He passed away last year.  He was 18 when he passed away.  I think I adopted the name Alpinemaps sometime shortly after we got him.  Hard to believe I have a user name that's been around for almost 20 years now!

I was looking for something unique, since user names I had in the past on local BBSs ended up being taken on the 'net.

1 hour ago, AirborneAFOL said:

"Fire/lighter"? My Hangul is a decade rusty...

I don't know "lighter" (I'm half-korean, raised in the US), but "fire" is "bul" as in bul-gogi. Which literally means "fire-meat" or as we know it down South, BBQ.

Guest brickcrazyhouse
21 minutes ago, kd123 said:

Kids were eating Kraft dinner on the night I signed up. 

I had assumed your name was for the wrestler 123kid, aka syxx-pac, x-pac.  Or that you were a certain former member using a different name, just with improved spelling.

After reading all these innovative ways people have come up with their user names, it makes me want to change mine !! ;o)

Mine is merely my surname combined with an easy number to remember !! Uber Boring !!!

'Simbatheginge' maybe my new one !! My female cat is called Simba after the lion king (purchased as a Ginger Tom), after booking 'him' into the vets to have 'his' bits removed, I was informed Simba was actually a rare ginger queen !!! But I keep her name them same !! 

A name I’ve consistently used on forums for around 15 years or so.  Originated way back to when I was heavily into the online gambling scene, with your basic bonus abuse, scalping, middling, hitting bad/weak lines, usual stuff.   It’s derived from Fear and greed.   

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Mine is to parts, "Alpine" and "maps".

Maps because that's what I do (or did) for a living.

Alpine was the name of my cat.  He passed away last year.  He was 18 when he passed away.  I think I adopted the name Alpinemaps sometime shortly after we got him.  Hard to believe I have a user name that's been around for almost 20 years now!

I was looking for something unique, since user names I had in the past on local BBSs ended up being taken on the 'net.

Mystery solved. I always wonder how a guy in Southern California was "Alpinemaps"

• Like 1

Two parter as well--"hepcat", cos' I'm cool like that, and "punk", co's I'm cool like that and don't care what you think about it.

I've had the handle since the dawn of the internet, back when I had ideals, so it was definitely cooler prior to having a family and kids and turning 40 and working in corporate America, yada, yada, yada.

1 minute ago, thegooch49 said:

Are you a CEO? If so, I would like to know which sets you have displayed on your desk. 

I am.

It's a modest display, really (all architecture): Flatiron, UN, and NYC. 

I have a constantly changing "future city" MOC in microscale that few would guess exists: but it resides at home.

• Like 1