eBay sellers in Canada having issues with store listings?

lobo1969

I have a premium store account where I 'tried' to migrate my .CA account to a .COM account mainly so I can continue listing in USD like I always have done (back in May). Well ever since I can't relist my expired store listing without getting an error saying they have to be converted back to CDN. Also the bulk uploader apparently does not work on eBay.com anymore! No bulk loading is not cool since I relist monthly over 500 items.

Called eBay today and they said nothing they can do and many Canadian sellers are affected. I'm being charged USD fees from ebay.com but getting none of the benefits as a eBay.com store seller. They also can't revert my store account back to ebay.ca

I had my complaint escalated but no seeing a good way out of this mess. Anyone else in the same situation?

24 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

I have a premium store account where I 'tried' to migrate my .CA account to a .COM account mainly so I can continue listing in USD like I always have done (back in May). Well ever since I can't relist my expired store listing without getting an error saying they have to be converted back to CDN. Also the bulk uploader apparently does not work on eBay.com anymore! No bulk loading is not cool since I relist monthly over 500 items.

Called eBay today and they said nothing they can do and many Canadian sellers are affected. I'm being charged USD fees from ebay.com but getting none of the benefits as a eBay.com store seller. They also can't revert my store account back to ebay.ca

I had my complaint escalated but no seeing a good way out of this mess. Anyone else in the same situation?

So are you able to relist at all? Did ebay respond with an actual reason? Is it because you are not located in the US, so they are implementing this as a security measure?

Edited by KShine

I can relist but only if I individually 'fix' each listing from USD to CDN pricing. The ebay rep that I talked to wasn't very helpful and I suspect she didn't really know how to investigate my complaint properly. She said my issue was escalated but there was no timeline to get back to me. I'll wait a few day and try calling again to see if I get a different answer from a different rep...

9 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

I can relist but only if I individually 'fix' each listing from USD to CDN pricing. The ebay rep that I talked to wasn't very helpful and I suspect she didn't really know how to investigate my complaint properly. She said my issue was escalated but there was no timeline to get back to me. I'll wait a few day and try calling again to see if I get a different answer from a different rep...

I would assume that you could do a mass change to the currency, but I would think that the bigger issue is keeping the US $ (as many buyers might avoid what would look like international purchases). If you change your address to the US ship from address, would it then allow the US$?

Address has nothing to do with this. And the mass migration tool originally used to convert listings strictly to USD was a one time time conversion with the assumption that all new listings and relistings would automatically be in USD, but no. If eBay does not want to fix this I may just close my eBay store and walk away from selling on my current account all together which would be a waste as I have over 12 years of 100% feedback.

1 minute ago, lobo1969 said:

Address has nothing to do with this. And the mass migration tool originally used to convert listings strictly to USD was a one time time conversion with the assumption that all new listings and relistings would automatically be in USD, but no. If eBay does not want to fix this I may just close my eBay store and walk away from selling on my current account all together which would be a waste as I have over 12 years of 100% feedback.

Ok, so the default is making it go back to Canadian $.

Since this isn't a glitch, but a bad default/reset that ebay has been using - I would be surprised if they look to be very helpful.

I had a similar situation with ebay. In general, I don't like the GSP, but I would use it on occasion (to some locations, for some items) - Unfortunately, once you opt in, all future relists default to the GSP (deleting/replacing the shipping method for any listings that you have international shipping already worked out for yourself).

Good luck with resolving things.