25# of Bionicle C/L

Oh that Craigslist... THIS has gone unsold for almost a month.  Is this a no brainer deal?  I'm new to lego, and don't really know too much ( or anything, really) about this series.  Are bulk bionicles valued similarly to 'regular' legos?  I would probably want to sell some off and keep some to gift to my Granddaughters.  Looks like fun... Any thoughts?

DC

bio.jpg

Edited by Dogcliff

Nope .. leave it in the trash bag.

That old bionicle isn't worth as much as you think it should be ..

- there is a huge amount of effort to sort and build sets
- looks like no instructions? That stinks because that makes building sets even harder
- the old bionicle joints are prone to breaking so I don't recommend them for your granddaughters .. just get some of the new bionicle on clearance, you'll be much happier with it.

Don't get me wrong - there is a market for it, but for $100 you can do better. I bought 3x that much for half the price and regretted every moment of it until I sold it. I made a little bit of cash on it, but it was not worth the effort.

46 minutes ago, thoroakenfelder said:

I've got a box that I throw all of the bionicle and hero factory stuff that I find in bulk into. It's probably close to 25lbs that I think I'm never going to be able to move.

Ahh Bionicle - You can't sell them for more than the cost of shipping, and you can't use the pieces as spares for real LEGO sets.

Bionicle lots alone are often found at around $1.50 - $2.00 per pound.  They aren't easy to sell part by part on BL but they can have quite a lucrative turn around in the $6 - $8 range... when they are later used to pad the weight of other Lego bulk lots on ebay. There's soo many lots of them always available I suspect most of them are really all the same lots that just keep recirculating around and around and around and so on...