Looking into this lot..any idea on some of these sets?

brocaesar

Question

22 answers to this question

I typically love these "what is this" challenges, but can you at least label the sets you are interested in hearing what they are? I don't know what you consider "the usual Hobbit and Star Wars sets" ....

I can definitely see a Minecraft Micro World - The Forest (the original Ideas set - 21102).

21102-1.jpg

Also 3367-1 Space Shuttle.

3367-1.jpg

And 3368-1 Space Center.

3368-1.jpg?1

• Like 1

Also 79007 Battle at the Black Gate - but the display seems to be missing the eagle.

79007-1.jpg?1

There's a standard Stormtrooper (black hands) in one of the bins, and from the looks of it one of the Christmas Baubles. Also the 7052-1 UFO Abduction set from the Alien Conquest series:

7052-1.jpg?1

• Like 1

Thanks Phil! Sorry for not labeling. I am talking to the guy currently and he says a decent amount of minifigs are missing. I assume just about everything except what is shown is missing. Mainly concerned about the frigate. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Also can't figure out what the heck the big purple thing is. Looking through parts lists and nothing.

Edited by brocaesar
addition

Thanks Phil! Sorry for not labeling. I am talking to the guy currently and he says a decent amount of minifigs are missing. I assume just about everything except what is shown is missing. Mainly concerned about the frigate. Thanks for the help!

Edit: Also can't figure out what the heck the big purple thing is. Looking through parts lists and nothing.

Purple thing looks like it might be Mega Bloks. Not 100% sure.

9 minutes ago, brocaesar said:

Try Megablocks halo series,looks like a possible covenant cruiser to me. There's some Halo stuff on the bottom shelf.

1 minute ago, brocaesar said:

Oh no Mega Bloks....this explains my problem. Found this on their site from 2011 - the covenant phantom. All of these sets seem to range form 2011-2014. 

The good news is ... quite some LEGO and LEGO minifigs. Don't know the price they're asking for the whole lot.

Here Ill quote some of our correspondence. Right now were at 200 for all of it + what he says are "6 extra sets: a police truck, a lego safe, alien spaceship, big assortment of lego people, big lego fish creature(no idea on this), and the white house." Also roughly a 2 hr drive for me so that factors in. This being my first lot that didn't reek of a scam I'm still pretty interested. Seems like a parent of a dark-aged son.

25 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I'd use the lot calculator on this site to see if it's worth the drive .... I'm not a bulk lot expert. Doesn't look like there is a ton of LEGO in those boxes, so it's likely the sets, but with most of the minifigs.

All came to roughly 450 used give or take. So you think most of the pieces in the boxes are mega bloks? Honestly the sets alone would be close to worth it for me, but I saw loose Lego as an added bonus. From what I can see a lot of the pieces do look a bit irregular...I just have no experience with mega bloks to know.

I don't know which set that skeletal horse is from. There's 7 possibilities if it's white and one if it's glow in the dark. The orange wheel in the middle bucket, second column is probably from either of the following:

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=7694-1#T=S&O={}

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=7697-1#T=S&O={}

6 hours ago, brocaesar said:

All came to roughly 450 used give or take. So you think most of the pieces in the boxes are mega bloks? Honestly the sets alone would be close to worth it for me, but I saw loose Lego as an added bonus. From what I can see a lot of the pieces do look a bit irregular...I just have no experience with mega bloks to know.

No I meant those boxes don't hold a lot of bricks - so it's not like you're getting a lot by having those included.

Going out on a limb here but my guess is that the skeleton horse is from Monster Fighters since the minifig at the bottom of that far right bucket(same as the horse) is from this set.

http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?S=9464-1#T=S&O={}

He's even still holding his saber in the bin.  For $200, you really can't go wrong here, especially if it's to keep.  In that minifig pile at the bottom, there's a Bunny Suit guy, he's pretty $$$ when it comes to Collectible Minifigures. 

For flipping, you won't make a ton of money, but will be good experience if you haven't done it much.  The drive would be the killer for me, not sure I'd want to drive a half day for a small lot, but that's completely up to you. 

• Like 3

Wow you guys are good at this stuff. I would most likely just be cleaning the stuff up and putting it on personal display, so the big winners for me are the Hobbit sets as I was in my dark ages and the star wars ships even though I have a feeling the minifigs are gone for the SW sets. I asked him today for some more pictures of the other sets he mentioned, as well as maybe top-down pics of the boxes. And I gotcha now @Phil B I just misread you. The boxes aren't too big to begin with and some look pretty shallow with bricks.