7964 - Republic Frigate

pickleboy

They still have them at the brick and mortar Barnes and Noble for 30% off (plus another 10% if you are a rewards member.)

Total of about 79.35 a pop...what do you think?

This is one of the larger sets that i just haven't seen much discussion about...

Regards-

Like the set. Under the radar type that doesn't get much love until it hits $300, then people are like...damn...I should have bought one. ;-)

Like the set. Under the radar type that doesn't get much love until it hits $300, then people are like...damn...I should have bought one. ;-)

Like I said before...always listen to ed :) Rule number #11 if I remember correctly...

You might not have the selling side down but i doubt many people have the buying down like you do! I'm going to get all three tomorrow.

Like I said before...always listen to ed :) Rule number #11 if I remember correctly...

You might not have the selling side down but i doubt many people have the buying down like you do! I'm going to get all three tomorrow.

Wasn't rule #12 put in place to disregard rule #11? LOL :P But yes I don't have one of these sets and at under $80 I think its a steal!

Wasn't rule #12 put in place to disregard rule #11? LOL :P But yes I don't have one of these sets and at under $80 I think its a steal!

Haha you can only disregard 1/3 of rule 11 b/c he has the buying and storing down pat! :)

Figures... I went back today to the Barnes and Noble where I saw three of these. (I bought 4 others in the last three weeks at 30% off plus my membership 10%) They are the only store out of 4 that i have been to in my area that didn't have them 30% off. They didn't have anything on sale. Probably why I found two Rattlecopters, a HP knights bus and a Technics set on the shelves still... It's so frustrating how these big box retailer randomly apply this stuff. (Or fail to apply.) I actually kinda went out of way to get these only to find out they weren't on sale....so I didn't get them... I know it's going to irritate me until they sell...

Was at my local B&****** today. They did not have any of this set, but many others. I asked about sales. I was informed that their store "never" puts LEGO on sale. Which was just untrue because I picked up a few Advent Calenders by using the B&****** website. Because of this link, I found another store that said they had the Frigate in stock. I put in a request for them to be pulled, only to get the "sorry, we could not locate them" e-mail.

I tried to buy TRU out of polybags once and they wouldn't let me haha. I wasn't too upset, it was a **** move by me, I went in as soon as they opened and the promo JUST started. NO one would have been able to take part in the promo b/c I would have bought all their rangers! (There was a another poly bag they could have gotten but not the Ranger.) All I kept saying was, " So let me get this straight, you would rather give those out for free than let me pay 150 bucks for them!?!?" They said I could buy one... haha

Was at my local B&****** today. They did not have any of this set, but many others. I asked about sales. I was informed that their store "never" puts LEGO on sale. Which was just untrue because I picked up a few Advent Calenders by using the B&****** website.

Because of this link, I found another store that said they had the Frigate in stock. I put in a request for them to be pulled, only to get the "sorry, we could not locate them" e-mail.

Yeah and I would complain about B & ******...but it happens to all of them. I see stuff at various walmarts that are totally different prices in the clearance section. I also see a lot of items that I know are clearance at several other walmarts but they are still on the regular shelf at one walmart who apparently didn't get the memo, so i get a great deal on a bunch of sets that no one knew was on clearance except the computer. (I.e. I went to a Walmart today and they had the last generation Hero Factory sets in with the new ones...not marked down but my LEGO EOL radar went nuts and I scanned them...6 bucks a bag!) anything EOL still on the shelves is TYPICALLY supposed to on clearance at Walamrt. (That's how I got one of my Frigates for 51 bucks!?!?!)

I am wishing I had bought this set earlier. I may pick one up on eBay - nowhere to be seen on the shelves in my area. My B&****** are equally strange - lots of Jedi T-61's for $60 still, but no Harry Potter. I agree with Ed's comment, without having any of his experience. :-) Yoda figures are always a draw I think, and it's a pretty cool build.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

7964 Republic Frigate Ceiling Price Opinion

What do you consider the realistic sale price of this set will be within the next 12 months (ish) - new and used.

Also do you think this will continue to rise / hit a ceiling after that?

Well, if it will not rise as I expect I will have less problems keeping it for my own collection.

One of the great concepts of investing in sets that you like. If it doesn't turn out to be a good investment, you can still build it.

• Like 1

You would have to see the price action around upcoming Christmas - that might be an indicator of a possible growth

That would be true, but last Christmas, the set was selling for around MSRP. If that continues then the set doesn't look like it would grow much during Christmas time or in the future.