First Post, need help with a bulk bin!

GonzoBrick

Question

Hello fellow Brickpickers! Is that what we say? I wouldn't know, I'm new. I did read about 10 pages of the newb "no question too dumb" thread so I have some answers, but I ran into a potential  lego haul and I have no idea what it's worth! Let's see if your all as awesome as you appear...

The seller said, "It's all lego bricks underneath and lego people" Well I do see a Pokémon card in there, but I will take his word... I will be buying in person so I can verify it later but that's not as fun as getting some expert opinions on this random bin! Also feels like a good way to start my brickpicker profile and meet some of you fellow AFOL investors.

I'd like to know firstly I'd those baseplates are junk or treasure from a special rare set! Shh it could happen! Of course, monkeys could fly outta my... Any personal opinions from experts on anything you see is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance. I plan to contribute to the community on this site and I already enjoy it very much. Thanks to the mods and the site creators. Big thanks.

received_10100520756846321.jpeg

received_10100520756866281.jpeg

received_10100520756886241.jpeg

received_10100520756896221.jpeg

received_10100520756906201.jpeg

• Like 1

I feel the need to briefly say that I have carefully read every single reply to this article and your personal opinions and facts (of which there were very few real facts initially, except Thumper) are a great help. However the first pictures were so poor I had to see the lot personally.

I definitely maximized the potential value by cleaning and sorting them, now I am just soliciting some personal opinions on the value after cleaning and sorting.

One thing I noticed once I dropped them on a scale, I thought they weighed about double what they actually weigh! I got about 6 good pounds that I'll probably sell. I'm going to feel free to keep whatever ones I like since they aren't worth a whole lot...

2 hours ago, GonzoBrick said:

I feel the need to briefly say that I have carefully read every single reply to this article and your personal opinions and facts (of which there were very few real facts initially, except Thumper) are a great help. However the first pictures were so poor I had to see the lot personally.

I definitely maximized the potential value by cleaning and sorting them, now I am just soliciting some personal opinions on the value after cleaning and sorting.

One thing I noticed once I dropped them on a scale, I thought they weighed about double what they actually weigh! I got about 6 good pounds that I'll probably sell. I'm going to feel free to keep whatever ones I like since they aren't worth a whole lot...

I'm glad it worked out for you, but I guess it just comes down to "was it worth your time?" <and no I'm not judging, maybe you had some free time this past week, maybe you're getting your feet wet, taking a chance, doesn't much matter to me since it's your time, not mine :)>

I stand by my original statement... this wasn't a great bulk lot and I'd have never picked it up. The pictures were bad (a sign), it was a full of mega blocks (another sign) and the price was dirt cheap (a sometimes sign).

I'd like to hear how it turns out for you if you decide to sell some of those bricks...