No Minifigs in sealed box and bags

Lidnr2

Question

I just bought Kylo Rens shuttle 75104, box is sealed, and all bags are sealed. step one, build kylo ren and storm trooper. no mini figure parts in bag...No mini figures at all in set. Has this happened to anyone? returning set to Walmart to exchange.

8 answers to this question

5 hours ago, harmonium said:

You can return it to Walmart or contact LEGO directly. Whole minifigs missing!! I've had it where the hair was missing or a part was damaged, but not a whole figure. 

Not sure what LEGO is going to do ... obviously not a production mistake, but rather some clever crook who found a way to reseal the bags and make the tape seals look original after taking out the minifigs. Not the first time I hear such a story .....

I can't comprehend how one could re-seal the numbered bags. I can understand how one might remove the seals and re-apply them, but that crinkly plastic that splits (rather than stretches), I can't see how you could re-seal that and make it look factory sealed.... I suppose if you had the machine that seals the bags, but that's gotta be some big industrial rig doesn't it? Anyone got any insight on how these filthy effers are pulling it off?

6 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

I can't comprehend how one could re-seal the numbered bags. I can understand how one might remove the seals and re-apply them, but that crinkly plastic that splits (rather than stretches), I can't see how you could re-seal that and make it look factory sealed.... I suppose if you had the machine that seals the bags, but that's gotta be some big industrial rig doesn't it? Anyone got any insight on how these filthy effers are pulling it off?

Check this out: http://bricks.stackexchange.com/questions/7192/how-can-i-reuse-lego-part-bags  . What happens is that they cut the bag on one of the sides, just enough to go past the laminated seal. Then take out parts, stick the nicely trimmed open side under a laminator and Robert is your father's brother.

Bleh. That's really too easy then isn't it. :( For a very small investment these guys can screw tons of people. (Original stores and online buyers alike.)

I don't suspect anyone here of doing such atrocities, but maybe the walk-through link should be hidden? Again... bleh.

3 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

Bleh. That's really too easy then isn't it. :( For a very small investment these guys can screw tons of people. (Original stores and online buyers alike.)

I don't suspect anyone here of doing such atrocities, but maybe the walk-through link should be hidden? Again... bleh.

That's why weighing the set is your best defence, plus a visual inspection. I think resealing the box is the tricky part so that's why I always inspect seals very carefully. So your safest procedure is: Weigh the set, and if possible, inspect the bags. Of course this doesn't stop very dilligent scammers from replacing the removed weight with worthless items of the same weight ....