Jump to content

European investing


Recommended Posts

Hello all, first post here! Sorry if this has been asked before, with a quick search I couldn't find the answer.

So I'm from Finland and got very intrested in lego-investments. After digesting the idea for a while, digging up bits of various information and following the thumbler set's retirement, I finally decided to jump in. I bought the sandcrawler set from Lego-store last night as a bit of a rash decision. It cost me 350 euros in Finland.

Now after looking up more on the set I noticed it's being sold for 300 dollars in US. So I paid about 70e overprice for my investment? Can I expect to make money in the aftermarket with this set and is brickvesting in general feasible in Finland? I don't think it's too late to return the product.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Welcome Kox, I would suggest that you read a few more topics in the forum. Lego investing is like any other type of investing, mostly speculation. But the key to it all is looking out for discounts, never buy lego at its RRP. That's the only tip I can give. The rest is up to you to find here as most, if not all, questions have been answered.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't worry, you'll probably still get a profit a while after the sandcrawler retires. Have a look at recently retired Star Wars UCS sets for reference.

Current prices are not a good indication of the aftermarket price.

Also, you cannot really compare the US market to the EU market. Prices in general are a lot lower in the US, but if someone from the EU buys a sandcrawler in the US, they will have to pay a ton of shipping and taxes.

Try looking at the prices at local second hand websites or from domestic resellers on ebay.

15 minutes ago, CrabslayerT said:

Welcome Kox, I would suggest that you read a few more topics in the forum. Lego investing is like any other type of investing, mostly speculation. But the key to it all is looking out for discounts, never buy lego at its RRP. That's the only tip I can give. The rest is up to you to find here as most, if not all, questions have been answered.

I do not agree with never buying lego at RRP. For exlusives you have to be pretty lucky to get them at a lower price. It's almost impossible to consitently buy below RRP if you want to build up a sizeable stock of exclusives.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

I do not agree with never buying lego at RRP. For exlusives you have to be pretty lucky to get them at a lower price. It's almost impossible to consitently buy below RRP if you want to build up a sizeable stock of exclusives.

Point duly noted and retracted. Not all exclusives are discounted, although here there is an opportunity to get 20% off some of the larger sets plus using exchange rates as an advantage.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
On 2.3.2016 at 0:14 PM, Kox said:

 

Now after looking up more on the set I noticed it's being sold for 300 dollars in US. So I paid about 70e overprice for my investment? 

If you order from USA, you have to pay shipping+VAT+customs duty. So it might be 450€ set then. 

Check prices from Ebay.de and German toy stores. Make sure when ordering from Ebay that packet is shipped from EU area.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...