The Walking Dead - General Discussion

MarleyMoose

17 minutes ago, MarleyMoose said:

I thought I'd start a thread for this. This latest season has gotten off to a good start. Richonne should be an interesting story.

I'm not a comic reader, but I do cheat ahead.  It sounds like Michonne is replacing Andrea in this role.  Yes, Andrea is still alive in the comics.

I need to get back into this show.  I got up to S4 on Netflix but have trailed off.  Have heard good things about S6 so far this year.  Was Andrea the hot, but annoying blonde chick? Sounds like they've stayed pretty true to the comic so it's surprising if they killed off someone that was still alive in the comic.

5 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I need to get back into this show.  I got up to S4 on Netflix but have trailed off.  Have heard good things about S6 so far this year.  Was Andrea the hot, but annoying blonde chick? Sounds like they've stayed pretty true to the comic so it's surprising if they killed off someone that was still alive in the comic.

Yep, that's Andrea, the one who found/discovered Michonnne.

I'm not a comic reader, but I do cheat ahead.  It sounds like Michonne is replacing Andrea in this role.  Yes, Andrea is still alive in the comics.

Andrea and Rick are a couple in the comic. Nothing ever happened between Michonne and Rick. Michonne is still alive. They follow the main beats of the comic but there are a lot of small differences. Daryl never existed in the comic. There is a huge event coming up in the storyline that was in the comic and it will be interesting to see if they follow through with it in the show. Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick said he read the script for the season finale and it made him sick. Something huge is going to happen.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jbacunn said:

Andrea and Rick are a couple in the comic. Nothing ever happened between Michonne and Rick. Michonne is still alive. They follow the main beats of the comic but there are a lot of small differences. Daryl never existed in the comic. There is a huge event coming up in the storyline that was in the comic and it will be interesting to see if they follow through with it in the show. Andrew Lincoln who plays Rick said he read the script for the season finale and it made him sick. Something huge is going to happen.

Well, I know what happens, we'll see...

47 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

Ok well here goes: I read an interesting theory on reddit that at the end of the season they will do a misdirection and DARYL will feel the wrath of the bat.

All of the cast members were sick and angry when they read the script for the finale.

Norman Reedus sold his Atlanta home.

If this happens, it will be fun seeing my friend's face. He doesn't think they'll ever kill off Daryl.

Ok well here goes: I read an interesting theory on reddit that at the end of the season they will do a misdirection and DARYL will feel the wrath of the bat.

All of the cast members were sick and angry when they read the script for the finale.

Norman Reedus sold his Atlanta home.

Ok. If we are going full spoiler than I think you are on the money. I read on the internet that Reedus is not signed for next season. He is also getting his own series and I saw him in a trailer for a new movie, don't remember the name. I think he is leaving the show so he's going to get some batting practice.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jbacunn said:

Ok. If we are going full spoiler than I think you are on the money. I read on the internet that Reedus is not signed for next season. He is also getting his own series and I saw him in a trailer for a new movie, don't remember the name. I think he is leaving the show so he's going to get some batting practice.

Yee ha! Who gets the jacket?

I think it's a stupid move for Reedus to leave the show. Daryls character is the fan favorite- if he leaves for a reality show, he's going to ruin that for himself. All the characters who have left had their fame fade as they were forgotten. This new show will have a season and then that's it. Bad move on his part and TWD. It's going to hurt the show and the actors.

I think it's a stupid move for Reedus to leave the show. Daryls character is the fan favorite- if he leaves for a reality show, he's going to ruin that for himself. All the characters who have left had their fame fade as they were forgotten. This new show will have a season and then that's it. Bad move on his part and TWD. It's going to hurt the show and the actors.

I agree if it's true that he's leaving. He's a good character actor but will never be anything more than that. He is one of the most popular characters on the biggest show on tv. You don't walk away from that. Not for a 6 episode reality show.

• Like 1