Lego.com New clearence and sales items just popped

Substored

Very interesting development. Maybe this is our first retirement list of the year and has been done to make way for some March released. A little surprise that they are discounting 2016 sets -one to watch out for if they get pulled after less than a year.

TBBT discounted in its primary sales market is not a great sign either but if it retires before the summer, ching ching.

• Like 1

Very interesting. Looking at the Lego Shop sites for the UK and other European countries, there aren't nearly so many offers on the go at the moment in these other territories. And the Australian site doesn't seem to have any sales deals on at all just now. Makes one wonder if the sets listed on the North American sites will be on offer in these other territories soon or if the selection is representative of local sales trends?

Man... I want that 21050 Arch Studio. But if I really wanted it, I coulda had it all year at this price with a B&N coupon (or better with a gift card, too). Something tells me there will be lots of Amazon sellers of this item in the near term... and how many does Toys R Us have in stock? Decisions, decisions.

5 hours ago, Val-E said:

Very interesting development. Maybe this is our first retirement list of the year and has been done to make way for some March released. A little surprise that they are discounting 2016 sets -one to watch out for if they get pulled after less than a year.

TBBT discounted in its primary sales market is not a great sign either but if it retires before the summer, ching ching.

I'm starting to think that for many themes, a year of production will become the new normal. There are so many bloody themes and waves on the go that it might make more sense for TLG to also have another 'retirement' season? I always thought it was odd that they launch new products a few times a year, but retire most things Q4. These sets should be watched carefully. If they actually move to sold out --> retired, there would be some evidence that I need to change/adapt my investing in accordance.

5 minutes ago, Veegs said:

I'm starting to think that for many themes, a year of production will become the new normal. There are so many bloody themes and waves on the go that it might make more sense for TLG to also have another 'retirement' season? I always thought it was odd that they launch new products a few times a year, but retire most things Q4. These sets should be watched carefully. If they actually move to sold out --> retired, there would be some evidence that I need to change/adapt my investing in accordance.

Pick your poison wisely.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Val-E said:

We may still get a still in March, especially if there are no double points. No sale would probably suggest that there has been overproduction in US and they want to reduce stock without necessarily retiring anything.

Scratch that, most items are now normal price - guess it was a glitch.