Fantasy Baseball 2016

Huskers1236

*****First off, anyone reading this post that is not in our League, space is still available post if interested***** 

I will try to help organize a draft day that works for everyone, we can decide the actual date & time after we establish a day.

Everyone please reply and I will collect all the data here, please convert your working hours into eastern time zone so this is somewhat easy & organized. 

If I need to make any corrections, please let me know, so far this is what I have gathered:

@Deanfjr: available Mon & Fri --- note: works 3pm-11pm (est)

@wsuskee: available Mon --- note: works 8pm-3am (est)

@Sfcommando14: available Sat & Sun or weekday evenings --- note: works 8:30pm-5:30pm (est)

@stoltzjl77: prefers weekend evening, but will adjust to group (thank you for being flexible) 

Edited by Deanfjr

If it has to be a weeknight, I can make Monday work.

Regarding format - I'm not interested in roto so if we switch to that I'm probably out. I don't have time to learn a new strategy. :) I've played both H2H - weekly and H2H/categories - weekly and am fine with either. I do like ESPN's 14-day playoffs as it eliminates some of the randomness a 1-week sample dictates.

As far as schedules, Monday night may work best for me, but that's only because I'm waiting to see a finalized schedule for my son's baseball team.  I'm not sure if they are still playing locally in late March or already traveling to tournaments but it may make a weekend difficult for me.  Normally Sunday night is just fine.  I'll know more soon, but generally I'm good with weeknights as well.  I'm really flexible when it comes to these things as I'm my own boss for the most part. 

1 minute ago, Huskers1236 said:

As far as schedules, Monday night may work best for me, but that's only because I'm waiting to see a finalized schedule for my son's baseball team.  I'm not sure if they are still playing locally in late March or already traveling to tournaments but it may make a weekend difficult for me.  Normally Sunday night is just fine.  I'll know more soon, but generally I'm good with weeknights as well.  I'm really flexible when it comes to these things as I'm my own boss for the most part. 

No problem, your are the commish, let me know, i am just trying to help everyone out. one thing less for you to worry about 

23 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

The only way to make a playoff matchup more than 1 week is to have only 4 teams in playoffs.  Since it looks like we will end up with a full field of 14, I don't like the idea of only 4 making playoffs, but we can take a vote on it.

yea i would say 6/14 make playoffs 

@Veegs still need you to register your team.  Did my email invite go through? 

I have 5 teams(myself included) that have paid.  Check your pm's for my email address for paypal. 

If other teams want in, we have room for 2 spots.  We can go as is as we are at 12.  If I don't get any bites in a couple weeks I'll reduce the league down to 12 so I don't forget as it won't let us draft if not full.  I checked my schedule and I'm good for the Sunday listed.  If we need to bump up to Monday it should work as well.  If you can't make the draft, you can set up your favorites and it will draft for you, but won't work as well as drafting yourself, obviously.  I think we had 1 guy need to do this last year. 

On 2/22/2016 at 10:45 AM, Deanfjr said:

I will try to help organize a draft day that works for everyone, we can decide the actual date & time after we establish a day.

Everyone please reply and I will collect all the data here, please convert your working hours into eastern time zone so this is somewhat easy & organized. 

If I need to make any corrections, please let me know, so far this is what I have gathered:

@Sfcommando14: available Sat & Sun or weekday evenings --- note: works 8:30pm-5:30pm (est)

@stoltzjl77: prefers weekend evening, but will adjust to group (thank you for being flexible) 

@Huskers1236: available Sunday or  possibly Monday

I would like more feedback from other managers, right now only 5/12 have responded. We seem to be split right now between Sunday and Monday. I am wondering if it would be better to do a day-time draft rather than a night-time draft? as of now we have 3 night shift workers, how does that tentatively sound? Possibly Sunday morning? would that work for everyone? Looking for thoughts, opinions, & input. This is our league it will be what we make it c'mon guys chime in!  

Edited by Deanfjr

If by Sunday morning, you mean starting at 5AM Eastern (and ending by ~8AM) then yes I can do Sunday morning. If by Sunday morning, you mean those of us (or just me if I'm the only one) who think church is important would have to skip it - um, no.

I can do Saturday mornings. I can do all kinds of crazy hours. But I won't skip work or church for a fantasy baseball draft, and I'm not risking $75 on the whims of the autodraft. That may mean I can't be in this league and that's fine, let's just figure it out soon so if I have to drop out you guys can find someone to take my place. I don't want to be the problem child.

15 minutes ago, Miavia7 said:

Let me know the PayPal and how much

Are you team Parish?  I'll add you to the pm thread for paypal.  We won't draft Easter.  If it had to be a Sunday I'd change weeks.  About any evening/weekend works for me as my son's baseball doesn't begin until April 1, so I'm good there.

Edited by Huskers1236

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2016 at 10:45 AM, Deanfjr said:

I am trying to help organize a draft day that works for everyone, we can decide the actual date & time after we establish a day.

@Miavia7: Any date is fine. Weekday nights weekend anytime

I would like more feedback from other managers, right now only 6/12 have responded. 

I am Looking for thoughts, opinions, & input. This is our league it will be what we make it c'mon guys chime in!   

*Updated*

1 hour ago, Deanfjr said:

I am trying to help organize a draft day that works for everyone, we can decide the actual date & time after we establish a day.

@stoltzjl77: prefers weekend evening, but will adjust to group (thank you for being flexible) 

@Miavia7: any date is fine. Weekday nights weekend anytime

@meowsmeowsmeows: schedule is pretty flexible and can do a draft just about any day or time

I would like more feedback from all other managers, right now 7/12 have responded. 

I am Looking for thoughts, opinions, & input. This is our league it will be what we make it c'mon guys chime in!   

**Updated**

Edited by Deanfjr