LEGO Podcasts?

schmidtywerben

Question

I know, odd to think of nothing but audio about a hands-on and visual building toy, but I often listen to a variety of podcasts while I'm at work during the day.  So I thought, why not expand my knowledge on LEGO? Does anyone know of any podcasts or audio shows about it? Maybe just history, or even investing?  Anything really, just wanna learn more about it while I have some headphones and eight hours of time.

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

Dragging this thread out of the abyss. There's a new podcast called Brick Velocity that I have enjoyed listening to. I like hearing how and why others make their picks related to investing. He also gives specific set recommendations which I know can be rare at times. I will warn you, the intro and outro are crazy loud compared to the rest of the podcast. 

• Like 2

I’ve always had an idea for a LEGO / Brickpicker specific podcast. I’ve just never had the time to produce it. I’d need lots of help. Basically a rotating group of people from here on a set of specific topics every week.

I’m don’t mind participating in a podcast (I contribute to a couple of podcasts occasionally). But someone else would have to produce it.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’ve always had an idea for a LEGO / Brickpicker specific podcast. I’ve just never had the time to produce it. I’d need lots of help. Basically a rotating group of people from here on a set of specific topics every week.

I’m don’t mind participating in a podcast (I contribute to a couple of podcasts occasionally). But someone else would have to produce it.

This is one of those activities that sounds like fun ....even though I would have absolutely nothing actually worth adding to the conversation. Mundane memes, cultured content, and altogether stupid s**t. Sure. Investing advice, shipping tips, and plausible predictions? Nope. Haha.

I guess if there were a segment going over the latest Creator Expert modular for example where we discuss what we do & do not like about the build going off the reveal pics. Or maybe some builder highlight bit looking over a couple of their MOCs. I don't know. I have never done a podcast and all I have is a recording mic headset somewhere in this darn house still in the package I'm certain. Ha.

This is one of those activities that sounds like fun ....even though I would have absolutely nothing actually worth adding to the conversation. Mundane memes, cultured content, and altogether stupid s**t. Sure. Investing advice, shipping tips, and plausible predictions? Nope. Haha.
I guess if there were a segment going over the latest Creator Expert modular for example where we discuss what we do & do not like about the build going off the reveal pics. Or maybe some builder highlight bit looking over a couple of their MOCs. I don't know. I have never done a podcast and all I have is a recording mic headset somewhere in this darn house still in the package I'm certain. Ha.

I don’t want to give much away, but discussion of upcoming releases would be a feature. It would be a round table discussion.

I always envisioned five or six of us on any given episode. I would host and then whomever shows for a recording would be on the show. And we could have guests if we wanted.

40 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I don’t want to give much away, but discussion of upcoming releases would be a feature. It would be a round table discussion.

I always envisioned five or six of us on any given episode. I would host and then whomever shows for a recording would be on the show. And we could have guests if we wanted.

Neat. I will say this much when it comes to introductions and it's my turn, I am so doing this (at least once).