Jump to content

21128 - The Village


inversion
 Share

Recommended Posts

Rumored LEGO Minecraft exclusive coming in the summer for $200. Credits: Just2Good, thebrickfan.

What do you think? Is the theme selling strong enough to warrant an exclusive?

Personally, this might be the first exclusive I am 100% uninterested in. LEGO can always wrong me tho.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was hoping the villager would get their due in minifigure form and it looks like the horse also receives the LEGO treatment as well. Well if you are not into Minecraft in all its blocky glory then doubtful this would be up your alley. The size & scope of the end product should be huge though between all the things making up a regular village in the game such as a well, blacksmith, chapel, library, farm, and couple random houses. In the image of the minifigure display, I can spot two villagers with one being a Librarian (white robe) and the other a Farmer (brown robe) unless that one is also sporting a white apron making it a Butcher instead or a black apron meaning a Blacksmith. I imagine a Farmer would make the most sense overall with all the 'farming' one does in Minecraft.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

I was hoping the villager would get their due in minifigure form and it looks like the horse also receives the LEGO treatment as well. Well if you are not into Minecraft in all its blocky glory then doubtful this would be up your alley. The size & scope of the end product should be huge though between all the things making up a regular village in the game such as a well, blacksmith, chapel, library, farm, and couple random houses. In the image of the minifigure display, I can spot two villagers with one being a Librarian (white robe) and the other a Farmer (brown robe) unless that one is also sporting a white apron making it a Butcher instead or a black apron meaning a Blacksmith. I imagine a Farmer would make the most sense overall with all the 'farming' one does in Minecraft.

Great call on all the mobs, TOK.  I think you hit them dead on. 

I'm pretty stoked about this set - looking forward to its release.  The Village is always a really cool part of the Minecraft world.  I wonder if there will be more than two Villager types included in the set?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Quacs said:

I'm pretty stoked about this set - looking forward to its release.  The Village is always a really cool part of the Minecraft world.  I wonder if there will be more than two Villager types included in the set?

Yeah, the Villages are fun especially ones you have started from the ground up. ^_^ Back to the set I would like to see a bare minimum of one for all five professions although I can somewhat understand if there won't be a Priest for reasons outside of the game or the LEGO company. I imagine a handful of the brown robes for being the most universal and versatile of the Villagers due to having the most careers including Fletcher which still is one of the weirdest sounding words I have heard. Hopefully a couple of black aprons and white aprons are included in the mix besides the so far solitary Librarian.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mesje said:

Minecraft exclusive would be the most stupid exclusive set ever... Who will buy it?

1 - Children
2 - Teenagers
2 - Parents of Children and teenagers
4 - Investers

While Lego do cater for the AFOL, their primary market is children and teenagers. This will be the third wave of Minecraft sets (4th if you include Microworld), Minecraft is clearly a lucrative line for Lego with the game having a huge worldwide fanbase. Amazon's Best selling building toys consistently show Minecraft alongside City, Star Wars, Super Heroes and Friends. It makes sense for Lego to release a large exclusive set for the theme and follows off the back of Super Heroes and Ninjago. Whether Minecraft transcends well into Lego bricks is debatable and doesn't represent a true reflection of what's a good seller and which will be profitable. As adults we view Lego in a different light to that of a child. It's no surprise that the most heavily hoarded sets are the ones that are most aesthetically pleasing on the eye. We tend to look at sets based on strength of theme and their displayability, a child views a toy as a way that allows them to engage their creative imagination as an extension of what they see in cartoons, movies and games.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, inversion said:

It is a big play set. I see little AFOL appeal. Too pricey for a general kids set, although I know quite a few kids for whom this would be pocket money.

I'd like to see the set inventory. 1600 mostly very common, very well-selling bricks. With a bit of a discount this might be a good BL store filler - though having said that, Crafting box has >500 pieces and costs $50, so 4x Crafting box = 2000 common pieces and this set is only 1600 .....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't appeal to me personally, but I'm not the target market.  I appreciate the layout and it looks well thought out and easy to expand upon and would like to see future AFOL sets in this manner.  Think of sets like the "town plan" but with actual  walkways.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

minecraft villager.jpg

Good grief, this is incredibly spot-on to the game material. I mean all the other Minecraft sets matched the source very well but this, holy cow. A Library, a small house (some reason called watchtower in the video), a larger house, a Blacksmith's forge, a well, and something unique to the set not from the game with a trading post. This offers essentially everything in the realm of Minecraft just as The Mine does but now at the ground level of it all. A Zombie, Zombie Villager, Enderman, and Creeper cover most of the mobs, a Farmer and Librarian are two essential Villagers for trade & whatnot, Steve and Alex being the two players should be here, and of course every Village need an Iron Golem (although technically there should be a lot more Villagers before he would natively spawn). I knew LEGO molded the heads for the Villagers however did not expect for them to sport unique torsos as well but they really came through on the design with flying color. Now considering they released a smaller single set simply revolving around the Iron Golem, I imagine there shall be a few future sets to include different Villagers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Val-E said:

So I was right about the release date. Big Ben will therefore be a Autumn release and probably coincide with retirement of SOH.

Bit expensive, this village, isn´t it?

Yes. Pretty audacious to charge $200 for 1600 common bricks. TLG is on a roll.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

Good grief, this is incredibly spot-on to the game material. I mean all the other Minecraft sets matched the source very well but this, holy cow. A Library, a small house (some reason called watchtower in the video), a larger house, a Blacksmith's forge, a well, and something unique to the set not from the game with a trading post. This offers essentially everything in the realm of Minecraft just as The Mine does but now at the ground level of it all. A Zombie, Zombie Villager, Enderman, and Creeper cover most of the mobs, a Farmer and Librarian are two essential Villagers for trade & whatnot, Steve and Alex being the two players should be here, and of course every Village need an Iron Golem (although technically there should be a lot more Villagers before he would natively spawn). I knew LEGO molded the heads for the Villagers however did not expect for them to sport unique torsos as well but they really came through on the design with flying color. Now considering they released a smaller single set simply revolving around the Iron Golem, I imagine there shall be a few future sets to include different Villagers.

  Afficher l'image d'origine

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, pete411 said:

Yes. Pretty audacious to charge $200 for 1600 common bricks. TLG is on a roll.

I guess we now know why they pullled The Mine so soon. No need to have a similar sized set selling for half the price. Seeing as it is targetted at kids, I wonder how exclusive an exclsive it will actually be.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2016 at 2:56 PM, TheOrcKing said:

Good grief, this is incredibly spot-on to the game material. I mean all the other Minecraft sets matched the source very well but this, holy cow. A Library, a small house (some reason called watchtower in the video), a larger house, a Blacksmith's forge, a well, and something unique to the set not from the game with a trading post. This offers essentially everything in the realm of Minecraft just as The Mine does but now at the ground level of it all. A Zombie, Zombie Villager, Enderman, and Creeper cover most of the mobs, a Farmer and Librarian are two essential Villagers for trade & whatnot, Steve and Alex being the two players should be here, and of course every Village need an Iron Golem (although technically there should be a lot more Villagers before he would natively spawn). I knew LEGO molded the heads for the Villagers however did not expect for them to sport unique torsos as well but they really came through on the design with flying color. Now considering they released a smaller single set simply revolving around the Iron Golem, I imagine there shall be a few future sets to include different Villagers.

Agreed, TOK.  This set is remarkably similar to an actual Minecraft village.  Finally, we get some villagers and I think they turned out really well.   I'm really happy to see the Zombie Villager too - nice touch.  The buildings are spot on too.  Great effort.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...