Missing bag 10240

Highlander

Question

Need help guys, I sold an x-wing 10240 last week, buyer contacted me today & said bag 2 was missing.

The box arrived sealed so I asked him if he wanted to contact Lego for the missing bag or I would do it, or he can send it back & I will give him a full refund.

He said he would contact them, now i'm thinking should I contact Lego or is it ok for the buyer to contact Lego?

12 answers to this question

Wow what an a**. Could avoid this by weighing sets before shipping. The weight of most sets is listed on bricklink. I also find it hard to believe that an entire bag was missing because Lego also weighs every box that is made.

Update on this, replacement bag arrived from Lego with apologies within a week

Posted the bag to the buyer the next day recorded, keeping them updated throughout

post office tried to delivery, then sat at there post office for 3 weeks before being returned to me, no contact from the buyer

I can only think they were fishing for a discount, my time and Legos time wasted

So if anyone looking for bag 2 for Red 5 X wing

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Highlander said:

Update on this, replacement bag arrived from Lego with apologies within a week

Posted the bag to the buyer the next day recorded, keeping them updated throughout

post office tried to delivery, then sat at there post office for 3 weeks before being returned to me, no contact from the buyer

I can only think they were fishing for a discount, my time and Legos time wasted

So if anyone looking for bag 2 for Red 5 X wing

On 1/31/2016 at 10:05 AM, justapilgrim said:

Welcome to the world of QF $300 sets

yep.  we are somewhere between the anger and bargaining phases of price appreciation where the buyer feels angry that they are going to have to pay so much for something they could have gotten just a few months ago for much less and they try to bargain for a discount in an underhanded manner.

next comes the depression phase of things where sellers are depressed the profits haven't been what they expected and they liquidate their stock.

• Like 2

I contacted Lego last night, recieved an email tonight, replacement bag on its way.

Has to be said Lego are a awsome.

That is pretty awesome

I was told recently though that Lego doesn't sell complete bags of pieces.

I'm missing a bag from Tower Bridge and they sent me loose pieces...

55 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Wow what an a**. Could avoid this by weighing sets before shipping. The weight of most sets is listed on bricklink. I also find it hard to believe that an entire bag was missing because Lego also weighs every box that is made.

I don't think it would have made any difference if I had weighed the set before hand, but I will in the future.

Lego didn't even question the bag missing they apologised and sent a replacement.

I also sold Lego Starwars The Malevolence before Christmas, buyer said it hadn't arrived after two weeks, I checked the tracking then realised I had entered the wrong tracking number.

When I corrected the tracking number it show it was delivered and they had signed for it 2 days after the set was posted.

Contacted the buyer with no response they had over 900 positive feedback.

Total chancers.

3 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

That is pretty awesome

I was told recently though that Lego doesn't sell complete bags of pieces.

I'm missing a bag from Tower Bridge and they sent me loose pieces...

Sorry they didn't send a replacement bag it was loose pieces

1 hour ago, c_rpg said:

Good point. Need to keep this in mind for the sets I have stored: check weight before sending out.