Slightly damaged box

Decco1888

Question

Hi everyone,

first time posting on here. Ordered a Slave 1 via Lego online and it was a bit damaged on arrival so sent it back for an exchange. The second one arrived in the post yesterday and there was a thumbnail sized bash in the corner. Was planning to keep the set unopened. Do you think a minor bash like this will affect the value or am I being a bit over the top with my concern. Have been in touch with Lego again and they have offered another swap, but am wondering if I'll just end up with another slightly bashed box and get stuck in a never ending cycle of returns. I've attached a picture so you can see.

image.jpeg

14 answers to this question

Personally I wouldn't bother too much about that, unless you're planning to sell it as mint. I've seen these in a few Smyths stores in the last week so another option would be to go to Smyths and pick up your own box (if possible). The Smyths price label should peel off easily with no residue left on if it hasn't been on for too long.

Well I was planning to save a few boxes and potentially sell in several years time and this warning of them, so I take it it's not mint in box and potentially sell for as much.

lego seem to have very good customer service and have given me some free points and are sending a label so I could always send back and try one more time.

Anyway thanks for the replies so far. It's a good site, and the world of Lego seems like an exciting and complex place!