Viewing Brickfolios?

Yes, that will be a feature. We are also creating Brickfolio badges that you will be able to post on your website, blog or in your signature on forums. Our first release of the brickfolio was on April 4th, which was a great first release, but now we are working on user interface enhancements and viewing enhancements for it. Ed has been busy loading his brickfolio which is quite a task in itself, but its a great example for us to see what is working and not working, especially for larger brickfolios.

Jeff and I have been talking about this for awhile. Jeff wants to make it a lot more of a 'social' site once the kinks are ironed out of the system. The site is still relatively new and we are finally getting the numbers, data and navigation to be where it needs to be. I've been working with the Brickfolio a lot lately and have come up with some ideas to improve it and make it easier to use. I'm good at giving Jeff work to do on the site. It's too bad he has a 'real' job and can't cater to my every wish within an hour or two of asking him...LOL. All I can say is that there is a ton of new ideas that we are working on. The ability to show off your collection in both words, numbers and photos will eventually become a reality. Also, data showing where our members(as a whole) are spending their 'investment' dollars will also be displayed. We are also looking into ways to reward members for increasing the 'socialization' of the site(forum, blogs, recruiting new members, etc...). Please feel free to add any ideas you might have...

Ed and I are always looking at the data. Looking for filters to get out data that will skew numbers. I just released the monthly update. Aprils numbers are now available. I then refreshed the data, which included the brickfolios. So yes, the numbers did drop. Moving forward, you will not see large drops like that since the data we are filtering from month to month will be better from the adjustments. If we can start a movement to get people to title their eBay listings better, everyone will be happier, but you should see what some of the people do. It's amazing that they sell their items at all. You get the "Most Observant BrickPicker User" award today for seeing that. Nice Job!

I can imagine it's tough to sift through all the ridiculous listings. Same problems on BrickLink with people listing portions of sets and what not.

Yes, it is very difficult to weed out the BS listings when there are thousands of listings every month. We filter out a multitude of words and use various mathematical filters to remove most listings that do not meet the criteria. It is not a perfect science, but with each passing month, the numbers become more and more accurate with the addition of new filter words and phrases.

Brickpicker members can help us improve the accuracy of data by reporting sets that appear to have figures that are way off. There is no way for my brother and I to go through 9000+ sets monthly, but if members see something that doesn't look correct, let us know. Sometimes a bad listing or two gets through the filters and messes up the data. Thanks...