STAR WARS VIII - "The Last Jedi" - Movie Discussion

jaisonline

So after that heart attack of hers I doubt that Carrie Fisher will be able to star again in any Star Wars movies soon. Makes me sad but that's how it is I guess.

With CPR on flight and another 15 minutes of CPR afterwards and who knows what else I'd say chances are good that there was enough lack of O2 to cause some damage. Maybe even a stroke in the process. Wishing her all the best for her probably long and not full recovery process. Just when life was about to get uphill again :-(

• Like 1

Let's be optimistic. She would've been given aspirin on the plane which would've helped with thinning her blood and get some oxygen to the heart. Assuming it was only 15 mins between her having the onset of the heart attack and then getting treatment on the ground, damage may not be significant and full recovery is possible. May the force be with her!

On 24.12.2016 at 1:21 PM, LahH001 said:

Let's be optimistic. She would've been given aspirin on the plane which would've helped with thinning her blood and get some oxygen to the heart. Assuming it was only 15 mins between her having the onset of the heart attack and then getting treatment on the ground, damage may not be significant and full recovery is possible. May the force be with her!

I'm more worried about the lack of oxygen for her brain... cells dying there won't come back. Many patients who suffer heart attack suffer minor strokes as well. I'm hoping the best and maybe I'm pessimistic here because I work with people who had strokes/bleedings/heart attacks and going through rehab now.

Really wish her all the best luck in that situation.

Have to hope for the best and i am given that it was only 15 mins between it happening and her getting medical treatment on the ground. I had a Heart attack 3 years ago which then turned into a cardiac arrest whilst I was being operated on but because I got help within a very short space of time (45 mins from it starting), I was able to make a full recovery and since then been able to lead a normal life and even ran a marathon this past year. The only way you can tell that I ever had an incident is two small puncture marks on my right wrist which they used to unblock two arteries and put in some stents. The wonders of medical science hence why I'm hopeful for her.

• Like 6

• 2 weeks later...

Just read some rumours that Kylo Ren will be using a new First Order styled Tie Advanced, from his adoration of Darth Vader, in episode VIII. 

I also read that the First Order will be using Tie Bombers and this will be a Lego set to be released at Force Friday, Autumn this year.

Sources:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-tie-fighters-bombers-kylo-ren/

https://www.starwarsawakens.nl/nieuws/episode-viii/exclusief-tie-bomber-episode-viii/

Edited by Haay
  • Like 1

i hope kylo ren comes w/in his own and stops worshiping vader for his char development.

if the above does happen, i think it would be cool if the FO found a fleet of old Empire spaceships abandon somewhere considerations of Bombers, Interceptors and Vader's T-A.  Then kylo sags vader's t-a

5 minutes ago, Haay said:

Just read some rumours that Kylo Ren will be using a new First Order styled Tie Advanced, from his adoration of Darth Vader, in episode VIII. 

I also read that the First Order will be using Tie Bombers and this will be a Lego set to be released at Force Friday, Autumn this year.

Sources:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-8-tie-fighters-bombers-kylo-ren/

https://www.starwarsawakens.nl/nieuws/episode-viii/exclusief-tie-bomber-episode-viii/

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully we get some background on what happened to Luke's Jedi in training and how the Knights of Ren turned on them.  I really disliked how TFA started over again with Jedi on the edge of extinction, the Resistance seeming outnumbered, and the First Order secretly building a super weapon.  Way too many similarities to A New Hope and not the trajectory I expected coming out of ROTJ.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Lol . I was always under the impression that he will die in episode 9. Now that Carrie passed away , im guessing she is a gonner unless she dies early on in Eps 9 . 

See I was under the impression each old character dies as the series progress.  So ep7 was Han, ep8 is either Leia or Luke, and ep9 is whoever left.

If Leia dies in 8, the producers of movie 9 do not have anything to worry about.  If Luke dies in 8, they have to drastically do something about ep 9