More LEGO Ghostbusters In 2016 - UPDATE

Alpinemaps

On ‎2‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 10:21 AM, jaisonline said:

i dunno folks.  the more i learn about this film, the less i'm likely going to view it at a theater and more i think the Lego theme won't be around too long if many of the sets center around this film.

as a father of a daughter, i don't even care about the all female cast.  that's a good idea.   but come one.. a nerdy Thor ? seriously?   that would be like having a nerdy kelly lebrock or christy brinkley in the first film.  heck, a James Bond film tried taking a "voted most beautiful person"...that experiement failed.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2016/02/03/ghostbusters-reboot-new-photos-trailer-chris-hemsworth-paul-feig-melissa-mccarthy/79746250/

The James Bond reference had me lauging... Die Another Day wasn't that bad lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Empirecinema2u.com said:

The movie is most likely gonna suck (but u never know), i just hope buying the HQ and the new Ecto will be worth it......

It will be and has..

I bought the Ghostbusters HQ on New Year's Day to see what I could get by doing a quick flip.  I posted it on Offer Up and ended up trading with another collector..

This was back in January and here's how I did:

My Ghostbusters HQ and $100 for his 2  Red 5's

and his New Falcon. I filliped the Falcon for $140 so that means I just scored 2 red 5's for around $210..Not bad for a noob

Now long term...3rd largest Lego Set and from the reviews I've read pretty challenging and fun build.

The question is at what rate will this go up after being retired down the road..

Edited by dakinelego
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, dakinelego said:

It will be and has..

I bought the Ghostbusters HQ on New Year's Day to see what I could get by doing a quick flip.  I posted it on Offer Up and ended up trading with another collector..

and his New Falcon. I filliped the Falcon for $140 so that means I just scored 2 red 5's for around $210..Not bad for a noob

What do u see the HQ being worth a year from now?

5 hours ago, Empirecinema2u.com said:

Damn , I was hoping it would be worth AT LEAST between 500 to 600......i guess we shall see

You need to ask the question "What do you think it will be worth a year after it _retires_?" ... and then we move your question and answers to the "Retirement Speculation" thread and everyone tells you that you need patience.

Résultat de recherche d'images pour "yoda patience"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Empirecinema2u.com said:

Damn , I was hoping it would be worth AT LEAST between 500 to 600......i guess we shall see

I feel you may not know how this whole LEGO investing thing we do here works...........if I were you I would spend a few weeks reading this forum and then start posting. Just a friendly suggestion.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Empirecinema2u.com said:

HAHAHA....I guess a little bit of both...I guess I should of mentioned (which i forgot to add) was what would it be worth a year from now (HOPING) it is retired...

Now you're diving into the life expectancy of a set. This set was just released this January... the chance of it being retired in a year is basically none. How long sets live on the shelves is a part of the game - some unexpectedly exit (see Town Hall, Arctic Supply Plane), some have predictable life spans (many City sets such as police and fire stations and most Technic sets [2 years]), some are impossible to predict and break all the rules (T1, Death Star).

But this set isn't going anywhere for at least a couple years. The big ones like this rarely disappear without notice (i.e. going in and out of stock).

11 hours ago, dakinelego said:

$350+$100-$140 = $310 for 2 Red 5's.

Still--not bad at all.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

You know you're a little bit curious.  Right now there are more thumbs down than up on Youtube, I guess that's what you get for messing with people's childhood.

I'm very jaded.  Just about the only remakes I've watched are "Judge Dredd", "Mad Max" and "Fright Night".

For 80's crazy nostalgia, I do recommend "Turbo Kid".

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I'm very jaded.  Just about the only remakes I've watched are "Judge Dredd", "Mad Max" and "Fright Night".

For 80's crazy nostalgia, I do recommend "Turbo Kid".

Fury Road was well done.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Generally I'm not a proponent of re-makes and don't think this will be any good even though Melissa McCarthy makes me laugh. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Fury Road was well done.  I enjoyed it a lot.  Generally I'm not a proponent of re-makes and don't think this will be any good even though Melissa McCarthy makes me laugh. 

They are remaking "Bachelor Party", which makes me sick.  The first "The Hangover" was good enough.

• Like 1