Greatest find, maybe...EVER?

So I started on a mad frenzy of a superhero mini figure collection today. Buying all kinds on brick link and eBay.  I was putting together a prototype of a display and going through mine and my dads boxes of LEGO for pieces I could use to sit the figures on, and I come across a large bag of something that immediately catches my eye. 

What seems to look like a whole bag of night wings from Arkham Asylum.  As well as batman masks and joker heads.  I nearly fell over.  
I ran upstairs to ask where did we get these??? My dad would never have anything fake. 

After asking, he tells me "Oh yeah, Lego sent me those as a favor for when I hosted Lego night at our local Danish Club".  I actually remember that party and I don't remember him bringing these. They were in one of many lego boxes we have.  My gut tells me, my Dad completely forgot he even had them and obviously did because when I showed him, he had no clue they were there.  And they are 100% legit!! 

I have the black legs as well, still putting them all together. Just missing the spikey hair. 

76 total Nightwings without hair. 

Another 119 Nightwing heads!!

5 Batman's 

5 Joker's from older rare sets including the Comic Con exclusive box set.  

Just purely looking at ebay and brick link sales. 

Heads go for around $10-12 a piece

Torso's also around $12-14 a piece. 

Joker's are another $25ish each. 

Did I just find the mother load!!??? Gotta be close to or over $3,000 here even without the hair.  

and just today I was buying figures and saying I want the real Nightwing...the blue one that I know well but it was way to expensive and BOOM...I find these. 

I'm still in shock. 

PS - Don't know what the cats and dog are from yet.  Any help there would be great. 

LEGOnightwingsbatman2.jpg

LEGOnightwings.jpg

Edited by DenJ91
  • Like 6

Amazing find! You should be able to purchase some nice exclusives with the profit you make from that treasure. The dog appears to be the common police dog. I've never seen a cat like that though. They are usually quite smaller from my experience. I'd be curious as to what sets(s) they are from as well. They may be rare.

Edited by terrymc4677
  • Like 1

Nice find.

10 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Amazing find! You should be able to purchase some nice exclusives with the profit you make from that treasure. The dog appears to be the common police dog. I've never seen a cat like that though. They are usually quite smaller from my experience. I'd be curious as to what sets(s) they are from as well. They may be rare.

It is a Belville cat worth $1.

• Like 1

Fantastic find!!!

I understand the superhero buying binge.  I did that when I first came out of my dark ages(just a couple months ago).  In one day I spent well over $100, which came as a total shock to me because I didn't even realize until that moment how much I like superheroes.  

• Like 2

I have 70 total Nightwings now with legs and trans blue blades.  Just missing his wavy hair piece.  Still $35 value I bet.  and then the 119 heads.  

I have one interest on eBay in the bulk buy.  Anyone on here interested in bulk buy or know someone? Selling one at a time would take a long long time.  Would be better in someone's brick link store. 

Below is my collection so far.  (Will be building a custom stand for them) Nightwing with temporary hair until my order arrives. Also waiting for Darkseid, Hawkman, Aldrich Killian and Red Skull to arrive. 

LegoMinisCollection.jpg

Edited by DenJ91
added pic
  • Like 1

On December 24, 2015 at 6:17 AM, Mercury said:

Fantastic find!!!

I understand the superhero buying binge.  I did that when I first came out of my dark ages(just a couple months ago).  In one day I spent well over $100, which came as a total shock to me because I didn't even realize until that moment how much I like superheroes.  

and then you realize that $100 only got you 12 figures.  lol.  I know this all too well lately. 

6 minutes ago, brickcrazyhouse said:

more like 8 or 9

haha, well yes it all depends if you are getting figures like loki for $15 for lex luther for $4.  but it's pretty crazy how quick it accumulates. 

oh and btw, I'm all for trading some nightwings for figures I need.  pm me if interested in trading as well. 

Edited by DenJ91

• 2 weeks later...

Well my collection now looks like this, and also that Deadpool is coming soon! 

Also anyone interested in buying all the nightwings in bulk please pm me.  have 70 full figures minus the hair and weapons and another 119 heads.  will make a great deal for you. 

MYLEGODISPLAY.jpg

oh and just for the record, I realize it's not the greatest find EVER.  lol.  I was just very excited of course.  Still a great find though.  very lucky. 

Edited by DenJ91
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...