Shrink Wrap Film for packaging

boliramirez

Does any one here have experience packing their sets with "Shrink Wrap Film" ? I am packing all my sets in individual uline boxes and halfway though it, the "wise" person we all have at home aka "Wife" asked if down the road would the film stick to the art box...... uhmmmm???  Would it?  

I am packing them this way as i am sending them away for storage , and I think the wrap will prevent humidity, dust and critters to damage the box..... 

Any thoughts?

BR

12387903_770209316439884_1454519407_n.jpg

3 hours ago, boliramirez said:

Does any one here have experience packing their sets with "Shrink Wrap Film" ? I am packing all my sets in individual uline boxes and halfway though it, the "wise" person we all have at home aka "Wife" asked if down the road would the film stick to the art box...... uhmmmm???  Would it?  

I am packing them this way as i am sending them away for storage , and I think the wrap will prevent humidity, dust and critters to damage the box..... 

Any thoughts?

BR

12387903_770209316439884_1454519407_n.jpg

I've done this and never had any problem with film sticking to the box or damaging the artwork.  However, unless you live somewhere where it is crazy humid all year long, I don't think you have a lot to worry about.  If you're packing your sets in individual boxes with packing paper or some other type of void fill around them, they should be fine without the shrink film.  

44 minutes ago, thecrapweasel said:

I was just thinking about this exact same thing today.  I was going to order some industrial wrap them up.  I wouldn't think it would do any damage or stick.  My only concern was if moisture got trapped in there somehow, it wouldn't be good.

Exactly. That's why you *don't* want to do this when you live some place where it is humid. It is almost impossible to keep the humidity out, and you don't notice until it gets colder and it condensates on the inside. Better to keep it aired all year long.

2 hours ago, thecrapweasel said:

I was just thinking about this exact same thing today.  I was going to order some industrial wrap them up.  I wouldn't think it would do any damage or stick.  My only concern was if moisture got trapped in there somehow, it wouldn't be good.

If you really want to do this, invest in a good shrinkwrapping system (the wand versions work best) and shrinkwrap your sets.  It works much better, but does take a bit more time.