Air Miles Canada - Q&A, Coupons, Bonus Miles Alerts

tacsniper

2 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

It seems Rexall is the best deal going. I regularly get emails about spending $50 and getting at least 100 air miles, which works out to about $10 in real money. Subscribe to their emails for these and better deals that occur from time to time. 

Does Rexall have a toy section? Do they sell LEGO? lol

22 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

They do not, but you'll get air miles there faster than any place that sells toys I guarantee that. Just buying toiletries has earned me hundreds in free stuff

I'll pay attention more closely to Rexall. Most of my 'drug store' purchases are done at the grocery store where I also use big airmiles coupons. But 100 AM for $50 spent is very hard to beat right now.

I used to be a big Metro shopper which helped with air miles but have been a PC man for a while now. And some of my best Lego scores have come at PC Supercentres. My best deal ever was getting 7 Wolverine Chopper showdowns for $7 each and selling them that week for almost $80 each as they were EOL by that point.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jeff_14 said:

It seems Rexall is the best deal going. I regularly get emails about spending $50 and getting at least 100 air miles, which works out to about $10 in real money. Subscribe to their emails for these and better deals that occur from time to time. 

From a pure financial point of view, Shoppers seems to be the better deal as I regularly get emails from them where I'll get 33% of the purchase price back in Shoppers points vs the 20% in air miles standard offer from Rexall.

• 2 weeks later...

TRU Not participating in air miles program after January 1st 2016!

I saw a notice by the checkout today that TRU would not be participating in the air-miles program after January 1st. I have no idea if the voucher will disappear from airmiles.ca, but for anyone who intends to get some; it might be a good idea to get them before the 1st just in case.

My only guess is that TRU is losing more money than gaining from the air-miles promotion. Also not sure if this is regional or nation-wide. I can't find anymore details about it online. This kinda sucks, but i guess i can go back to using miles for movie tickets.

Again i have nothing concrete to link to prove this, but it was posted at every register in the two locations i went to.

33 minutes ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

TRU Not participating in air miles program after January 1st 2016!

I saw a notice by the checkout today that TRU would not be participating in the air-miles program after January 1st. I have no idea if the voucher will disappear from airmiles.ca, but for anyone who intends to get some; it might be a good idea to get them before the 1st just in case.

My only guess is that TRU is losing more money than gaining from the air-miles promotion. Also not sure if this is regional or nation-wide. I can't find anymore details about it online. This kinda sucks, but i guess i can go back to using miles for movie tickets.

Again i have nothing concrete to link to prove this, but it was posted at every register in the two locations i went to.

Not good. I also cannot currently redeem any evouchers from the Airmiles site right now.

18 hours ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

Just got a bonus from airmiles for spending X amount in December. And the $10 TRU vouchers are still redeemable, but not the $20 for whatever reason for me at least.

Might be the last day to redeem if TRU is really done with airmiles on Jan 1st!

I didn't take the risk & redeemed all my $20 vouchers in-store on Dec 29th (just in case)  asking the staff, they were unaware that airmiles was being discontinued - even the manager didn't think so.

It would be so very unfortunate if TRU drops air miles now that Lowes is starting the dish them out by the bucket full! :-(

21 hours ago, lobo1969 said:

So airmiles still in effect for now at TRU...

Odd... Either they changed their minds, or it was just that location that decided not to participate? I dunno, that doesn't make sense. I'll have to pop into the store that had the signs everywhere saying done Jan 1st and see what the deal is.

14 minutes ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

Odd... Either they changed their minds, or it was just that location that decided not to participate? I dunno, that doesn't make sense. I'll have to pop into the store that had the signs everywhere saying done Jan 1st and see what the deal is.

Down here it's done.. all cash registers I've visited had the little sign no more Air Mile!

21 hours ago, Thumper said:

FYI:  2x Air Miles at TRU until Jan 5th...

This is from Air Mile website .. not in TRU store !

2 hours ago, gravtation said:

Down here it's done.. all cash registers I've visited had the little sign no more Air Mile!

This is from Air Mile website .. not in TRU store !

Spoke to someone in store, they didn't know too much, but claimed online would still be supporting airmiles *shrug*.

Here's the signage:

IMG_5567.thumb.JPG.6fdafdabe772f24210ebc

On 2016-01-02 at 2:18 PM, Sandwraithx157 said:

...but claimed online would still be supporting airmiles *shrug*.

A store I visited today told me online Air miles is valid only until January 5th .. after that no more air miles at all!

Same date as the x2 air miles offer on the air miles website.

$_2.JPG

4 hours ago, gravtation said:

A store I visited today told me online Air miles is valid only until January 5th .. after that no more air miles at all!

Same date as the x2 air miles offer on the air miles website.

That's dumb to have a 2x Air Miles right as you dump the program. Dumbass TRU Executives strike again!!

I never collected tons of Air Miles at TRU but this really stinks. We're still feeling the pinch from Target blowing it up here... I know you guys found some good clearance lately, but I stand by my statement that without Target both TRU and Walmart don't need to be all that competitive with day-to-day pricing and sales.

I wonder if they ended it in the store because of the lengthy entering process?  I had a few coupons and the CS told me it would take awhile to enter them all in.  I apologized and she said it is no problem.  She had a person with 20 of the airmiles coupons that each have to have their number manually typed in.  This was right before Christmas so you can imagine people behind her getting a bit impatient!

32 minutes ago, lego rules said:

I wonder if they ended it in the store because of the lengthy entering process?  I had a few coupons and the CS told me it would take awhile to enter them all in.  I apologized and she said it is no problem.  She had a person with 20 of the airmiles coupons that each have to have their number manually typed in.  This was right before Christmas so you can imagine people behind her getting a bit impatient!

No doubt, the vouchers were cumbersome to use at either the register or online but they were basically like a gift card.

They should just go to airmiles cash just like so many other stores accept.

Edited by lobo1969