Kroger

Dang! Nearest Kroger marketplace is 4 hours from me. How bad is it that I seriously thought if I could make the trip? Gas alone would probably run me $50 and standard IRS mileage rate would be over $200, but for these types of savings it would be worth it if I knew for sure their inventory!

I did some math on a road trip too. 4 hrs each way, gas would be around 65 for me. Plus not knowing inventory when I get there could be a bust. Would love cheap SW sets and maybe some comic stuff. Rest would be trade or sell.

Maybe a phone call to talk to the store to verify inventory?

For me, I'm gonna be there in a couple weeks so I'll check then but not expecting anything left...

I can confirm sale is on in Columbus, but the stores are cleared out. I got to 2 of them and the other 3 were pretty picked over. Nothing much left at 50% or better, but you may want to keep an eye if they take another price reduction. No rhyme or reason to prices, as I found Batcaves that weren't even on sale.

Didn't find anything super amazing, but it looks like all 4 digit sets (9XXX) are on some kind of sale, with a few 7XXXX sets thrown in. Saw a price tag for $17.50 Olivia's Houses and $50 Goblin King battles so definitely worth a look if you're near a Marketplace.

You may want to price check some of the sets as a couple stores didn't have them all marked correctly. And if you really want some $60 9450 Epic Dragon Battles, there are 2 or 3 at the Powell store. It was my last stop and I was bleeding cash so I left them be.

Edit: josh keep an eye at the superHEBs. They should be doing this too.

Is Kroger related to Super HEB in some way? I may have to check it out. My HEB has a bunch of underperforming EOL sets still in stock because they NEVER, ever put their toys on sale and no one will buy them at full retail. A decent amount of newer sets also.

Cvail. One of my krogers matched the others price. I had photos to prove it but the cust manager just went ahead and adjusted the price. Seaside house was 24 andshe adjusted it to 12.50. Smaller sw planets i saw cheaper after buying them, she did a retroactive credit to my card. Adjusted my city garbage trucks from 15 to 10.

If i were you. Id ask the svc desk. They can call the beavercreek OH kroger here AND verify yhe caves are 34.99. There are still quite a few here. But i noticed once An item is gone they tuck the price mark inside out so you cant verify it.

Josh. HEB is independant but i got a feeling on this one. When they do clear stuff it moves the same day!

Cvail. One of my krogers matched the others price. I had photos to prove it but the cust manager just went ahead and adjusted the price. Seaside house was 24 andshe adjusted it to 12.50. Smaller sw planets i saw cheaper after buying them, she did a retroactive credit to my card. Adjusted my city garbage trucks from 15 to 10.

If i were you. Id ask the svc desk. They can call the beavercreek OH kroger here AND verify yhe caves are 34.99. There are still quite a few here. But i noticed once An item is gone they tuck the price mark inside out so you cant verify it.

Josh. HEB is independant but i got a feeling on this one. When they do clear stuff it moves the same day!

I stopped by the Kroger Marketplace up in that area.  7 Samurai Mech's at 20.  I picked up some Halo Mega bloks that are usually 20 for 6 each (don't hate, halo is cool).

The mechs look neat but my kids arentbinto chima. I am however inro Halo.So i got a few $6 banshees that come with gun turrets. Those tureets will become a death star trench for the x-wings. I guess it pays to go shopping with the wifey ay kroger. I otherwise wouldnt have scored so much cool stuff.

I got a batcave ay $34 instead of 17. But even then its 50% off and a great deal for all the characters and parts count alone.

The Marketplace in Frisco, TX just marked their stuff down today. Similar deals to what people have posted... plus a few like the Swamp Creature for $1.50, TIE Bomber & Asteroid Field for $1.50, Werewolf for $5, etc. I left a few items... :)

Also, for some reason, right at the end of the transaction, the system gave me two extra discounts, both marked "MP BEST DEAL" - one for $15 and one for $10 - so another $25 off a $350 purchase. The cashier had no idea what these were...

There's another Marketplace in Little Elm, TX that mimics the sales this one has, so I imagine they're on clearance too...

I have been to a couple of the Columbus Kroger Marketplaces and the sale selection is slim. I was looking for a Goblin King Battle but have not found one yet. Found some Monster Fighters Crazy Scientists for $25 and Werewolf sets for $9 but passed on them as I have some already.

I saw those MF sets as well.  They didn't seem to be selling at 50% off.  One store had a bunch of the Series 9 minifigures on sale for $1.49 as well.

Thank you for posting this, went to the first one opened on the East Coast (Midlothian Virginia) and bought every single Lego set they had on sale... I managed to talk myself into another 33% off with the store manager. So pretty much an absolutely amazing deal. Got 70+sets! 

Ufff, glad I read this before I swong by there this afternoon.  To bad you bought them all :(  but at least I did not have to waste time looking around for the sets.

• 4 months later...

So I've heard of some people having luck at kroger marketplace stores with lego sales. I decided to check it out and nothing was marked down. However I scanned one small iron man set on the price check and it was 50% off, but it didin't say the name of the set, it said BUILDING TOY 50% OFF. However I scanned other legos and they weren't marked off. I guess building toys were 50% off, but it was weird that legos weren't included in that deal. And it also wasn't mentioned in the weekly ad. Has anyone had any luck with this.