Help pricing lot from 70's - 90's sets

Guest lewisportsmouth

Guest lewisportsmouth

Hi, I have listed this on ebay but not sure if I should maybe list them as individual sets instead. Any opinions from the hard core collectors and enthusiasts would be greatly welcome. Thank you for your time :)

IMG_6310.JPG

IMG_6311.JPG

IMG_6312.JPG

IMG_6313.JPG

IMG_6314.JPG

IMG_6315.JPG

IMG_6316.JPG

IMG_6317.JPG

IMG_6320.JPG

Edited by Darth_Raichu
Removed ebay link

I'm in the UK and I buy bulk lots, complete the sets and sell them individually. This is exactly the type of lot I usually bid on.

I have two ways of doing it, depending on the pictures and how many sets if any I can identify. If I cannot identify sets I ask the seller the total weight and then mentally price it by the kilo and bid accordingly.

So, my first question to you is ... :)    how much does it weigh?

As you your second question, should you sell it individually? Yes you will get more, maybe a lot more, but ask yourself do you have the time and will to sort and build. Plus some orders to Bricklink if you want to complete the sets 100% - if you are missing bits. 

• Like 1

Depends on your end-goal really, that's a great lot with allot of sought after classic bits... it's very likely you'd do just as well or better selling this one as a lot rather than taking the time to sort by sets (that's not very often the case mind you) but in this case the classic sets themselves are not so much in demand anymore as sets - it's the builders & moc'ers that would be after this collection much more so than set collectors.  (imo), condition looks pretty good (from the photos), lots of figs/foliage/rock, castle/pirates/space definitely a premium bulk lot that should do well without any significant effort on your part.  

Here I'd start listing that lot in (Canadian) at 8$ lb (brick elements) + $3 per fig + $1 per animal.   I'd expect the final value somewhere in the 10-12$ lb range.

best of luck.

• Like 1