Cbc news is doing a story about the lego theft at 8 pm

jeff_14

Just read an article on the web. The troubling part was this:

In the first incident on Nov. 16, a West Vancouver police officer stopped a vehicle speeding in a construction zone on Highway 99, and noticed something suspicious.

"There was a large amount of Lego in the back of the vehicle in duffel bags and plastic containers," said Woods.

I don't usually speed, but I do sometimes have a large amount of Lego in the back of my car. Is that cause for arrest?

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

Just read an article on the web. The troubling part was this:

In the first incident on Nov. 16, a West Vancouver police officer stopped a vehicle speeding in a construction zone on Highway 99, and noticed something suspicious.

"There was a large amount of Lego in the back of the vehicle in duffel bags and plastic containers," said Woods.

I don't usually speed, but I do sometimes have a large amount of Lego in the back of my car. Is that cause for arrest?

Not in my neck of the woods.  I got pulled over a few years back for expired tags.  My car was so stuffed full of Lego that I couldn't get my glove box open to get my registration out for the police officer.  He just laughed and gave me a warning.

• Like 3

The segment still hasn't run. They could do more in depth with all the time wasted telling me this segment is coming up. 

That's usually the case. There will probably be very little new information. My worry about stories like these is that everyone is just going to think I'm selling stolen Lego.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Poly 30286 said:

I do as well. If you just come from a TRU/WM mega-haul all with shopping bags with receipt for proof of purchase you should be fine. Even without, officers cannot just arbitrarily search your vehicle without your consent or a search warrant.

However, if they just received a call from a store about a Lego theft that just occurred and you and your vehicle matches the description of the suspect and you are in the same area and your Lego is in plain sight; that may give officers reasonable and probable grounds to detain (not arrest) you and request for search warrant for further investigation. But you probably got to be at the wrong place at the wrong time and no proof of purchase for this to happen :P

I strongly recommend you transport these with receipts if you have large quantities. Never know which soccer mom will call in the police after seeing your trunk full of Lego ;)  

Edited by tacsniper

21 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

I strongly recommend you transport these with receipts if you have large quantities. Never know which soccer mom will call in the police after seeing your trunk full of Lego ;)  

What if you're a soccer mom with a minivan full of Lego? Should I be in the clear?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, gregpj said:

That's usually the case. There will probably be very little new information. My worry about stories like these is that everyone is just going to think I'm selling stolen Lego.

I got asked a few times alreay .. worst part is that I showed them my stack of receipt.. and now they know the price I  paid ! pouhhhahahaha

32 minutes ago, chubz said:

someone post the link of the story when it comes up as I'm not in canada

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/stolen-lego-squamish-1.3345075

They don't seem to have a link any on-air stories they did. It's all a bunch of whatever.... people steal stuff all the time, $20k worth of LEGO isn't exactly all that much given that my local TRUs probably have at least double or triple that on the shelves right now.

14 minutes ago, gregpj said:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/stolen-lego-squamish-1.3345075

They don't seem to have a link any on-air stories they did. It's all a bunch of whatever.... people steal stuff all the time, $20k worth of LEGO isn't exactly all that much given that my local TRUs probably have at least double or triple that on the shelves right now.

Yes, I was disappointed once I opened this thread. From the title I thought I was in for an Ocean's 14-style heist where Benedict stumbled across BrickPicker and sent Danny and the boys to Billund to clean out the set vault so he could post his collection in the Collection/Stockroom thread.   

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Yes, I was disappointed once I opened this thread. From the title I thought I was in for an Ocean's 14-style heist where Benedict stumbled across BrickPicker and sent Danny and the boys to Billund to clean out the set vault so he could post his collection in the Collection/Stockroom thread.   

Nope .. just some loser who kicked in the doors and grabbed "one" set... Even if it was a big one, seriously, one set?!