Target 2015 Minifigure Gift Box Cube Now Available

Alpinemaps

What surprised me, outside of the lower price, is that they released it before the x-mas rush.  Last year the cube was available in the first week of December, I think, and it was advertised in the weekly flyer.  This year it's out earlier and it's not even in the weekly flyer. The pessimist in me thinks we may not see the cube again next year.

1 hour ago, Hansomebricks said:

Has this even made it to the stores yet? 

I have not seen them show up as in stock yet, but took the guy at his word as he seemed to know what he was talking about since he corrected the other worker that was saying they would show up later this week.  Maybe he didn't know what the hell he was talking about either. 

I remember from before at my Target they had the large flyer/sign in the store's LEGO aisle yet no reserved spot on the shelf let alone any in stock. Perhaps inventory was limited and/or the item was bought up practically the moment it was made available. Who can say honestly? This year did not seem to fare any better already from the sounds of it if not more limited. Aside from the online promo, I have not seen anything in the physical retailer yet assuming I even will. I'm not sweating if I miss out on this cube like last year's honestly.

2 hours ago, zskid00 said:

These are starting to show up at more stores around here according to the stock tracker.  They are probably in the back waiting to be put out when the promo starts. 

Yep, there are about 400 of them showing in stock within 15 miles of me. So far I have sold 12 of the 36 I acquired. Once these are widely available, parting out will be the way to go.

6 minutes ago, dmc said:

Yep, there are about 400 of them showing in stock within 15 miles of me. So far I have sold 12 of the 36 I acquired. Once these are widely available, parting out will be the way to go.

I've sold a few of the Lightning Lads on BL for $20 so far, mostly to European buyers.

• Like 2

I actually found a box of these earlier this week at my target. Just sitting on cart with a bunch of other sets in boxes waiting to be put on shelves. I went there to look for the new TFA tie fighter polybags, which were also in that pile and also already on the shelf. The box of cubes was open and I didn't count them but it looked to be probably about 24 in there I would guess. I took one to a scanner and it came up $9.99. I didn't get any. I considered it of course, but I already got one when they were available online before, and I've been buying so much lately I decided one was enough. 

• Like 1