Indiana Jones..Sell now or wait?

Now I would not call myself a LEGO investor, I am just looking to sell my large collection of LEGO sets ( around 135 sets) and make some profit. I have a large amount of Indiana Jones sets including some of the bigger ones like Temple of Doom, The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and Temple Escape and am looking for advice to see if it would be better to sell them now or if they are likely to grow on the market. I would really appreciate this.......Thanks.

This theme has been a bit odd, in that I feel it has fluctuated more than other themes have over time.

I buy/sell this theme all the time, and would say that it is currently in the lower end of its range. But since you are not looking to invest, but to liquidate - it might be less hassle for you, if you just sold.

There are more movies coming, so interest in the theme will be higher than it is now - and the prices will go up. Whether it is worth your time to wait (and keep track of prices, etc) is up to you to decide.

4 minutes ago, KShine said:

Those shouldn't be too hard to track down.

I think the Indy sets are great - they also adapted well to the LEGO video games.

Yes, they shouldn't be too much trouble.  I picked up some decently priced lots to get me started and I've hit some good auctions since then.  My son was having a blast with "Temple of Doom" and I only showed him that one scene.  I still remember the whole PG-13 creation after it came out.  I was about that age, 12 or so, when the controversy hit.  I was a little shocked by the footage and wondered how that stuff made it's way into a PG movie.

• Like 1

On 08/11/2015, 16:11:57, exciter1 said:

These are the 2 I have remaining.

7196 - Chauchilla Cemetary Battle
7197 - Venice Canal Chase

I have 7196 listed on my eBay xD. To add to this topic it depends on which set, you can still get away selling some of the Indiana Jones sets for double their retail in my case used versions of the sets but it seems like some of have just done better than others in the secondary market.

9 minutes ago, LSgames101 said:

I have 7196 listed on my eBay xD. To add to this topic it depends on which set, you can still get away selling some of the Indiana Jones sets for double their retail in my case used versions of the sets but it seems like some of have just done better than others in the secondary market.

Cool, I haven't started looking for those yet.  Shoot me an offline offer, if you're interested.