Amazon Historical Info / EU Inventory Updates

Just wanted to make a thread for people to find in case they search for answers.  It seems that the landscape in which we will be able to obtain bits of data, share data, collect data is changing quite a bit.  Some of you noticed that the inventory for all sets in the EU Inventory tracker was all 0 for the past two days.  As the screenshot I displayed in that thread shows, the entire column was blank.  I reached out to Huw at Brickset and he to believes that it could be end for that bit of data.

Yesterday I received a phone call from Amazon asking me to remove the graphs from CamelCamelCamel.com that displays the historical price information.  It was a simple fix for me, but what will that do to CamelCamelCamel if a lot of their information is removed.  Basically all of these companies are telling us that you can only show what we give you, anything more than that could be in violation of the agreements with them and they can terminate any affiliate programs with you or even more drastic.

A lot of these big companies seem to be pulling back on the information that is out there.  Some of these changes are forcing us to change what we display and our price guide pages..  Overall just wanted to give a heads up if you notice that if you see the EU inventory report page removed, you know what is going on as well as other links or bits of information that might currently be available.

• Like 4