Mega Bloks Star Trek theme including the U.S.S. ENTERPRISE NCC-1701

TheOrcKing

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for posting Jang's review. I would love to see a speed build video of it. The one thing that stood out like a sore thumb was the alignment of some printed pieces like Jang mentioned, but the one in the pic below is unacceptable. Overall, great looking ship. I love how the finished product looks. They captured the lines of the ship really well. I also love that ALL the pieces are printed. C'mon Lego! You can do it too! I'll most likely wait for a discount or sale before pulling the trigger.

Enterprise Line.jpg

• Like 1

Maybe it's issues like that one above being the reason Lego _doesn't_ print all their parts. If you, the end user, muck up your sticker placement/alignment, that's your fault not LEGO's. But if their machine prints out 20,000 parts with a slightly off-center line that is supposed to line up across multiple bricks (like the example above), they'd be out of pocket quite a big chunk for customer service replacements. Multiply that by the number of big sets with large sticker sheets. They've probably calculated there's too much margin for error even with their refined systems, and opt for stickers which are certainly exponentially cheaper to replace. 

• 4 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
15 minutes ago, LegoBro said:

I received mine yesterday.  Sturdy, solid, heavy, (insert complimentary adjective) box.  I already told the kiddo to get outta my way when I boldly go to where these Lego hands have never gone before.  For your viewing pleasure.

Nice model, just a shame that quality is lacking a bit with regards to the fillting of the bricks and the alignment of the stripes. LEGO would simply clean up if they had this licence.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
1 minute ago, iahawks550 said:

I think Best Buy goes even lower on this thing at some point. They went big with this, as I've seen several on the shelf at my local store. Who knows how many hundreds/thousands they have in inventory.

45 sold in 4-5 days at this price is a little scary.

Agreed.  Like anything, there is risk involved.  However, the # produced 'should' be far fewer than Lego exclusives (based on popularity of the brand name) but who knows... 

• Like 1

I think Best Buy goes even lower on this thing at some point. They went big with this, as I've seen several on the shelf at my local store. Who knows how many hundreds/thousands they have in inventory.
45 sold in 4-5 days at this price is a little scary.

If I buy now will Best Buy match their own lowered price ? Providing I go in with my receipt? I Couldn't find anything in their Price match policy about after the date of purchase.

Does anyone actually buy them on the seccond market though? That's the real question. I have seen some Halo sets that are in the $600s, but, obviously, since I am viewing them, they haven't sold. I am tempted to pick one up, but I just don't quite know if the demand will be there. 

16 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Does anyone actually buy them on the seccond market though? That's the real question. I have seen some Halo sets that are in the $600s, but, obviously, since I am viewing them, they haven't sold. I am tempted to pick one up, but I just don't quite know if the demand will be there. 

That´s the big question. I can tell you that in Europe they are dead ducks, there is absolutely no interest in them. Opened my eyes to how much the Lego brand counts.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, oneknightr said:

Has anyone received their Enterprise from eBay Best Buy yet? I wonder if they're shipped in the brown shipper like Amazon does.

Yes. No. Amazon did a better job Minty factory sealed case and double boxed them with paper. Looks like BB is just sending out store inventory off the shelf. If building not an issue but if LTH nah. 

IMG_4832.PNG

5 hours ago, bigboy61 said:

Oh just wait for the movie ;)