Atlantis Set NIB Found at Target... (2015)

Achilles

Here's one of those wacky "had to be there" things. I am at Target, picking up online orders for Non-LEGO related stuff - and a guy walks out of the back with a slightly beaten up but sealed Atlantis 8061 - Gateway of the Squid set. Someone else had left it for him to do something with. I told him I'd take it if it was cheap enough, he scanned it and it came up $14. Sold. How often do people stumble on 5 year old sets at these stores?! 

Crazy.

• Like 3

Here's one of those wacky "had to be there" things. I am at Target, picking up online orders for Non-LEGO related stuff - and a guy walks out of the back with a slightly beaten up but sealed Atlantis 8061 - Gateway of the Squid set. Someone else had left it for him to do something with. I told him I'd take it if it was cheap enough, he scanned it and it came up $14. Sold. How often do people stumble on 5 year old sets at these stores?! 

Crazy.

I still see Atlantis polybags at Meijer every so often.

51ViCUSyqYL.jpg

Edited by exciter1
  • Like 3

How often do people stumble on 5 year old sets at these stores?! 

I recall a couple years ago now at Walmart I found Darth Maul's Sith Infiltrator (2011 version), then later Plo Koon's Starfighter, and even later the T-Rex Hunter from Dino. At Target there was an Ewok Attack (also 2011 edition) and possibly something else I forgot. I haven't been that lucky in finding long retired sets anymore but still my search continues. Lately I have seen sets that store stopped carrying for months to a year then suddenly either a bunch or just one sitting on the shelf in the main LEGO aisle or typically in some random spot of the store.

Not an old set or even retired but I remember coming across a Technic 42029 Pick-up Truck for half off. However the box was brutally beaten and open plus I am not a major fan of the theme really. I'm sure in the case were the set not complete, $50 still would have been worth it. Out of all the kinds of builds available, Technic ones are not something I could handle the incomplete situation very well.