75135 - Obi-Wan’s Jedi Interceptor

Loghamel

• 1 year later...

75038 is almost a carbon copy and that one did all right.

75038-1.png

But overproduction will hurt this set's potential.

Still, I think at 15€ buy-in you could get about 20-25€ profit per set in a few years. Whether or not that is worth the hassle is up to you.

With these sets it's all about the low buy-in.

1 hour ago, c_rpg said:

75038 is almost a carbon copy and that one did all right.

75038-1.png

But overproduction will hurt this set's potential.

Was it overproduced, I thought it was a fairly short run, and I haven’t seen it all that often – or at least often discounted like 75136, 75137 or 75138.  I only have 3 which makes me wonder if others haven't picked it up as well.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, feed said:

Was it overproduced, I thought it was a fairly short run, and I haven’t seen it all that often – or at least often discounted like 75136, 75137 or 75138.  I only have 3 which makes me wonder if others haven't picked it up as well.  

hard to see how a set with 9 month availability could have been massively overproduced and hoarded (in the US at least).  i have 20 of these at a 30%  discount buyin.  this is a double your money investing layup with a discounted buyin within 18 months.  my usual reservoir of retired sets, ghetto kmarts and out of the way bn, are picked clean of these - i don't think they ever had many to begin with.  this set along with Droid Escape to me were about the easiest places to not be scared about putting money from the class of 2016.

i have a few hoth escape but not expecting it do as well.  carbon chamber - its going to be another year though at 50% off you can't say no.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

I've lost count of how many of these I've purchased. If I see them, I buy them all. When I saw this on the European retirement list my eyes lit up with flashing dollar signs after making a killing with Anakin's version from last year. By last count I had 35 of these purchased anywhere from $10 to $17 each. I still have 15 or so Anakin's so these will pair nicely.

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, MinifigW said:

Can't even move it for $30 on BL :/

Yeah bricklink is seriously lagging behind on this one. That being said, there is some pretty good demand for this one. Especially compared to other recently retired sets.