9474 The Battle of Helm's Deep @ Amazon

Legodog

I have $140 in credit card points so last night I was looking on Amazon for Helm's Deep. It has been around $150 from 3rd party sellers for a while if anyone has been watching it. But last night for about 15 minutes it was listed from Amazon for $129 (retail) saying it will be back in stock on January 31st. It has since went back to the 3rd party listing for $150. Anyway I was able to order one and the confirmation email states "In stock on January 31, 2013". Just thought I would share in case anyone is wondering if/when this will come back in to stock at Amazon.

I think this is just a lull that will pass. This set isn't very old. It probably just sold a little better than TLG anticipated, so they ran out of it. They are probably making tons more of them right now, and it will be widely available again within the next couple months. My instinct says don't panic.

I think this is just a lull that will pass. This set isn't very old. It probably just sold a little better than TLG anticipated, so they ran out of it. They are probably making tons more of them right now, and it will be widely available again within the next couple months. My instinct says don't panic.

That was the purpose of my post. To let those who have been wondering know that Amazon is listing it back in stock on the 31st.

I wouldn't trust this set being around for long though. There was a post here yesterday and someone had some leaked Lego information of which sets were ending in the spring. Helm's Deep among many others were on it. The post has since been removed but I am sure that others can back me up here that we are almost certain that Helm's Deep will be EOL come spring.

I don't think it will be gone for several months after spring. It appeared that those dates were dates that you could order product until (or starting if it is new). The purpose of that form isn't to give retailers some advantage in buying sets before they retire. It is to let them know when they can order particular sets. If it says "all year" or whatever it said I would think you could order that at any time this calendar year and still expect to receive the product. I haven't ordered through that program, but I would assume that if it said spring, that would mean that you could order that set until the spring. If that is the case, they will be producing those sets in some quantity until spring. I would guess that the production quantities will be large enough that all the products will still be at least on LEGO Store shelves or S@H for several months after spring.

How many LOTR sets can share shelf space? When the next wave hits, how/why/where would Helm's Deep go? There is a pretty nice slate of new sets scheduled for 2013 - I'm not so sure this will be back in large quantities. As a retailer, I'd make room for the new sets first.

I don't think it will be gone for several months after spring. It appeared that those dates were dates that you could order product until (or starting if it is new). I haven't ordered through that program, but I would assume that if it said spring, that would mean that you could order that set until the spring. If that is the case, they will be producing those sets in some quantity until spring. I would guess that the production quantities will be large enough that all the products will still be at least on LEGO Store shelves or LEGO Shop at Home for several months after spring.

You're probably right. I know no stores around here have them anymore (Meijer, Target, Walmart). All out of stock and with all the new stuff coming in I just don't know if they will be ordering more in. But like you said they probably wont get really difficult to find until months after spring.

Most sets cycle through Target and Walmart in a year to 18 months, but they often remain at TRU , LEGO Stores, S@H and sometimes Amazon for well beyond that. Just because Target and Walmart don't keep it on their shelves anymore doesn't mean the set is retired. Those stores need a constant flow of new merchandise, so that's why they are quick to clearance stuff out.

How many LOTR sets can share shelf space? When the next wave hits, how/why/where would Helm's Deep go? There is a pretty nice slate of new sets scheduled for 2013 - I'm not so sure this will be back in large quantities. As a retailer, I'd make room for the new sets first.

I completely agree with your points. To clarify my statement, when I said it will be widely available, I didn't mean I believe it will be back on shelves in large quantities. I agree with you that those days are gone. But I believe that it will remain available at LEGO Shop at Home for a while, and that Amazon will have it in large quantities as well. I can't say how long it will take for them to sell out each time, because this set appears to be enjoying some popularity right now. But I think anyone who wants it will still have a chance at it.

I have been to Targets lately that still have spots on their shelves for Helm's Deep. Has anyone noticed the little round gray stickers on the price tags of items that are gone? Those stickers mean that they are officially out of stock, or more specifically, "we don't have anymore in back, so please don't ask." Lol. Some Targets have much larger LEGO aisles than others, and it appears that they plan to leave that spot open for when Helms Deep is available again.

I read you a to the rock. I do think there will be another chunk that gets released, but probably not a lot in brick '****** mortar type places, at least after the second wave is released. I wouldn't mind picking up another few sets if Amazon has them in the $90s again in a couple months...

That was me that put the Info on 2013 sets, It has The LOTR Battle at Helm's way and The Monster Fighters Sets will only be available for People who have Lego Accounts to order before the end of Spring, So the Sets should be available through Christmas, "Not Sure about The Monster Fighters Haunted House, since thats an Exclusive no info on this set is not known."