Just for fun: vision/dream/ideas of a BPer's Corporation

Just for fun discussions, if all BPers pooled in their inventory and resources and form 1 giant corporation... how much control can we have in the secondary market? Assuming we all continue to source for the deals and grown this corporations.

Discuss away what other visions/dreams/ideas you may have if we all become one 

Edited by tacsniper

Hey tac I once envisioned all of us experienced sellers coming together, agreeing on uniform packing and shipping protocols, and all of us fulfilling each others orders depending on region and sku availability. Basically a mini amazon setup dedicated to Lego products and our own website with no commission. It would be a mammoth task, but if someone ever got it going and used the amazon model with households rather than warehouses we could then expand into other items and land a big chunk of the ecommerce pie. Yep, I like to dream big :)

• Like 4

We have the Gallimimus trap market in the bag

Well base on how fast that product went to TRU website and some users reporting ordered in 50-200s, I think you got that right! Now lets agree to a price and have an oligopoly on that SKU :D

Edited by tacsniper

Really? That would be awesome!  Ever since I shipped my first 10664 from North Carolina to California (shipping cost almost $18) I've often wished, "Wouldn't it be great if there were a BP'er in California who could just ship one of his Creative Tower's for me?... Then when he sells one on the east coast, I could ship one of mine on his behalf?"

Really? That would be awesome!  Ever since I shipped my first 10664 from North Carolina to California (shipping cost almost $18) I've often wished, "Wouldn't it be great if there were a BP'er in California who could just ship one of his Creative Tower's for me?... Then when he sells one on the east coast, I could ship one of mine on his behalf?"

It will be more of an opportunity for some of you with mass quantities of a particular set to unload your lot in one sale. Like I said, Jeff is working on something right now and there are no guarantees that it will be made active, but I see potential.
  • Like 1

It's called FBA
  • Like 1

It will be more of an opportunity for some of you with mass quantities of a particular set to unload your lot in one sale. Like I said, Jeff is working on something right now and there are no guarantees that it will be made active, but I see potential.

It would be nice to have a marketplace that could easily connect resellers looking to unload in bulk with those looking to buy in bulk. I don't know how many transactions like that take place, but, speaking personally, I would love to have an opportunity to buy sets in bulk.

I couldn't see why any large players would want to tie their inventory with a little guy like me.

Or why you would want to tie your inventory to that held by a large reseller. Realistically, anyone participating in such a cartel end up with a share proportionate to their contribution and if you have big players involved, you would end up diluting the impact that your capital could have because your fate would be tied to the decisions of resellers playing with much larger amounts of capital. It's much easier to generate really high margins when you're playing with small amounts of capital, but it gets very hard to maintain those margins as the size of an operation scales up. So, unless you're talking about engaging in a massive and illegal conspiracy to fix prices on the secondary Lego market, you're probably better off going solo and figuring out how to best allocate your resources.

Still tough, there's a reason why I still have my ri. Not selling them to make $5 but for companies like valley tech toys who had had 1k ri clearly has no problems taking $5 profit on them. As Pacific said, the scalability makes it an issue.

In a nutshell, that would be a significant problem with a cartel like this...people have different strategies, different appetites for risk, and different ideas about how things should be done.  I guarantee that many people here would not sign up for many of the strategies that I use or agree with the timeline on which I sell products because they don't align with conventional wisdom on how things should be done, but they work for me given the goals that I'm worked towards and the capital that I have to work with.