What to do if your box (with Legos) is soaking wet?

So I am in the middle of inventorying and my Brand New Tower Bridge Box is squishy from water damage (purchased from Toys R Us)

Do you guys think its okay to sell as new 2 years down the road? (I'm not sure how much water damage does to Legos)

If not, is it possible to file a claim of some sort for wet box damage? The shipper was FedEx.

Do they normally put plastic bags over your boxes for you cause they never do that for me?

Thanks!

So I am in the middle of inventorying and my Brand New Tower Bridge Box is squishy from water damage (purchased from Toys R Us)

Do you guys think its okay to sell as new 2 years down the road? (I'm not sure how much water damage does to Legos)

If not, is it possible to file a claim of some sort for wet box damage? The shipper was FedEx.

Do they normally put plastic bags over your boxes for you cause they never do that for me?

Thanks!

most of the lego bricks will be inside the plastic bag so i am assuming that the water won't be seeping in there.

main concern would be

1. the box

2. instruction

3. in tower bridge there are blue plates outside (not in plastic bag/wrap et. al ). water deposits in contact with paper may grow mold in time unless you are able to take the moisture out. i have seen this happen with lego bricks so there is possibility of that over time.

if one is selling as MISB/NISB then box condition matters. this is beyond normal shelf wear that one can get away with.

best option would be to return and get it replaced. { but who knows what TRU fairy will ship } I have had 50/50 success with receiving items in good condition from TRU. 100% failure if its shipped from their facility in ***. One reason why i refuse to order items for resale from TRU online. Unless i am opening or for parts.

if you decide to keep it then would be wise to open the box. make sure that the plates are dry. and instruction book is pristine. if instruction book is damaged then you might be able to get one from bricklink and sell later as "NO BOX" sealed bags.

it would be about 5%-10% lower than the value of the MISB/NISB.

or you might build it as well and sell it as used later while you enjoy the grandiose replica in the meantime.

• Like 1

So you were shipped the TB in a box, and both the exterior shipping box and the TB box inside are wet? I would have made note of this at the door, I don`t know if you can get a claim (seems unlikely) if you`ve had it for some time already. For all FEDEX knows you did it, which is why you `ve got to point this out at the door.

If you keep this, you`ll want to sell it as "used" because if you list as NISB and the instructions are in the inside are damaged for example, someone can file a claim against you for that, for inaccurate listing.  

I like the above post, go with those suggestions. 

Thanks!

Build it? ;) Sounds like they left it at the door when you weren't home? If so call TRU right away and have them note why you are returning it and return it in the same soggy box.

you cant file a claim with fedex,only the shipper can file a claim. They look at the shipper as being their customer and not you because the shipper paid them and therefore will not allow you to be the one to file a claim.  also if you return to tru since the tower bridge is not currently in stock they will refund i believe and not replace.