5003082 - Classic Pirate Minifigure

TheOrcKing

given that i grew up in the prime classic pirate era, this is quite interesting.  however the minifigure looks off to me, cant make out which pirate that is but its not one of the common ones from the original line...

I do like the traditional shark, since I dont believe any of the new sets have a standard shark.

Edited by jay4e

The picture at the moment is a bit blurry, but looking at the middle where there appear to be a pic of some other pirates? Maybe 8 minifigures and a skeleton with parrot? Hopefully it might be included in this set but might be a bit too much for Lego to have.

The picture at the moment is a bit blurry, but looking at the middle where there appear to be a pic of some other pirates? Maybe 8 minifigures and a skeleton with parrot? Hopefully it might be included in this set but might be a bit too much for Lego to have.

​That picture of the other pirates is just going to be a little book with the history of the pirate theme, the space one had the same thing.  This one is pretty lame compared to the classic spaceman box.

ahhhh...that make sense. i forgetten all about the small booklet that also came with the box. oh well....it is almost the same as the classic spaceman one as in it had a classic spaceman and a robot while this got a pirate and a shark Not much pieces but fits the bill as a freebie.

• 3 weeks later...

Its official  http://brickset.com/sets/5003082-1

I have no interest in this what so ever.  At least the classic spaceman was close (minus the helmet).  This set has nothing classic about it at all, its just a promo set of the current pirate theme with a book(?) of old pictures.

I agree, this is very disappointing. The parts look good but I'm not sure how they're calling this a classic pirate when it looks nothing like any classic pirate.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a disappointment.  There really is nothing classic about this figure.  Everything included, except the shark, is modern.  I can excuse the spaceman helmet last year since they don't have the old mold anymore, but this is just printing so really no excuse.

Still going to get one, I'm a big lego pirates fan and can never have too many pirates minifigs.  arrrrrrrr

• 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

This set could be worth 25€ in two years. Lego isn't making any pirate theme sets and from what I've looked up there won't be any in the next few years.

Most of us grew up playing, or dreaming, of pirate Vs. soldier Lego's so I believe this unique set has something special.

I have one and will hold it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...