Counterfeit LEGO?

Looks just fine. You`re good.

Lego prints the product info in several languages onto the boxes, there are at least a couple reasons for this, but most importantly perhaps is to appeal to certain markets. People speak/read different languages in the same market like North America, so that`s pretty much the reason for this. Also, it`s the law in some cases, to post product information in specific languages on the product itself. Not sure about the USA, but in Canada English and French are both printed on pretty much everything, so are a few other languages depending on the product. 

Edited by @rtisan

Beginning to think they are legit,  I did not know Legos had Spanish on them, can anyone confirm whether or not they look real

​I've had spanish sets before that have originated from Amazon US, and a couple of other places. Funny thing was it was only the Monster Fighters sets that the spanish appeared one (exactly like your VC). It's fine don't worry about it.

i have a few sets that also have the spanish wordings on it. Not a lot but just some, don't think their is anything to worry about. Like some of the guys here mentioned before, Lego do target different markets at times and productions do change if necessary.

• Like 1

The major difference I've seen is that Euro sets don't have the piece count or set name on the box, because in Europe no one wants to know how many pieces they're getting, or something.  Honestly, I've never understood the reasoning behind that omission, but it's been the case forever.

Looks just fine. You`re good.

Lego prints the product info in several languages onto the boxes, there are at least a couple reasons for this, but most importantly perhaps is to appeal to certain markets. People speak/read different languages in the same market like North America, so that`s pretty much the reason for this. Also, it`s the law in some cases, to post product information in specific languages on the product itself. Not sure about the USA, but in Canada English and French are both printed on pretty much everything, so are a few other languages depending on the product. 

​^ This .. regular sets destined for the North American market have English/French/Spanish on them. Special promo sets (like the winter ones) and sets like 41999 were not specific to a region so they're completely different. Those ones had 6 languages on the box.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

I'm more concerned my local online classifieds filled with daily "LEGO like" Minifigures & it redirects to 3rd party site selling counterfeit figures. In my city there are counterfeit minifigs sellers using Facebook advertising tables at flea markets..It amazes me that parents post testimonials praising these sellers. I often use my smartphone to compare LEGO vs knockoffs bc there are so many variations.