Get your country flag to appear under your user ID

I recently inquired about why my country flag wasn't showing up under my user ID on posts.

To solve this Jeff suggested that I log out of the forum and log back in again. This solved my issue and I'd suggest it to all members so we can keep track (visually) as to what is happening where with sales, findings, etc etc.

• Like 5

Worked for me, thanks for the tip.

​If you're really bummed about it, you might want to try http://whatismyipaddress.com/ip-lookup and see why it's thinking your IP is from the US. Are you connected to a VPN service at all?​

Ah, as i sort of guessed, my work IP is a US one:

Geolocation Information

State/Region: New Jersey

Home is a Canadian, but i guess i spend more time on these forums at my work PC (if that's how it determines which flag to give), boooooo.

Edited by Sandwraithx157

Ah, as i sort of guessed, my work IP is a US one:

Geolocation Information

State/Region: New Jersey

Home is a Canadian, but i guess i spend more time on these forums at my work PC (if that's how it determines which flag to give), boooooo.

You could always try to fool the site by logging in at work and stay logged in there... After that, log out at home and log back in. It should pick up your home IP and use that as your location from anywhere until you logout/login again.

I don't know how it works, but I'm guessing that might work.

• Like 3

You could always try to fool the site by logging in at work and stay logged in there... After that, log out at home and log back in. It should pick up your home IP and use that as your location from anywhere until you logout/login again.

I don't know how it works, but I'm guessing that might work.

​I did give that a try yesterday, but no dice. I do have a few other things i can try, but it's not a huge deal either way.