KMart - Bleak outlook and poor earnings are weighing down this sinking ship

12 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

Do you ever get anything worthwhile from the 2 remaining central Ohio stores?  I only rarely stop by and neither one has been good to me.

I don't stop at those anymore.  I haven't been to the one in Grove City in years.  It's kind of out of the way and I'm usually pushing my time when I'm up there and hunting to any degree.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Noticed this little 'nugget' in the store closing article:

Found the corresponding article, and it ain't pretty. Better cash in those points and coupons fast!

http://www.businessinsider.com/moodys-report-sears-and-kmart-2016-9

Once they close, that's a bunch of empty parking lots.  Pretty empty already, I guess.

I'm losing my main Kmart. They have more Lego than all of my other Kmarts combined and they run lots of sales on random sets. The sales along with all of the SYW coupons out there has been a gold mine. They even had a Little Caesar's pizza shop in the store! Totally bummed about this. Hopefully the other locations around me will survive for another couple of years. 

If you are hungry for SYW points, and you've made purchases before, here's a quick way to earn some extra:

https://static.cdn.responsys.net/i2/responsysimages/content/sears2/CHI-2734246-v16-Sears_Product_Review_Points_Offer_Terms_and_Conditions_1.3.16.pdf

Screenshot from 2016-09-21 11-09-13.png

You might need to get a promotional email to trigger the points (I just got one for a purchase I made last month) but never hurts to try out.

PS: Review needs to be 140 characters or more to count.

Edited by Phil B

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

The heck with more and better trained cashiers.  The heck with improving the inventory system, effectively advertising, or replacing the dingy environment.  We need more great R&D ideas like this.

Kenmore.jpg

I saw that popping up a few weeks ago and thought - wow, there must be a redneck alternate reality somewhere where Amazon and Google are replaced with KMart and Sears (Apologies if that describes your neck of the woods, @exciter1 .... )

BTW: Already 40% off now - and they give you this product virtually for free with the $30 in points you'll be earning. a NO BRAINER :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

More Sears/KMart doom&gloom from CNN yesterday:

http://money.cnn.com/2016/10/04/investing/sears-bankruptcy-rumors-kmart/index.html

With some "praise" for Lampert:

But give Lampert some credit. He's kept the company afloat a lot longer than many had thought. I wrote a story about Sears bankruptcy rumors with the headline of "Tears for Sears" (I'm a child of the 80s. Sue me.) back in January -- of 2012.

Edited by Phil B
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

They keep this up, they might need to sell the Kenmore line as well.

Their entire strategy seems to be:

Get loan for $0.5B from investors. Sell known brand you own for $1B+. Pay back investors to keep them happy, use remaining cash to live another quarter. Rinse and Repeat.

• Like 2