TRU "ship to store" on some sets

jay4e

anyone know why some sets get the

• Free Store Pickup Available in 5-10 day

while other large sets do not?  I noticed this recently on the DS and Architecture Studio.  I know I have bought other no lego items in the past that gave this option, but this is the first I have seen on lego.

Not sure how it works in the US, but in Canada it seems they don't actually ship the items to store, but rather have them in the store available for pickup.

They also seem to only allocate a certain amount of stock for this option. Some items i know a store has in stock are not always available for in store pickup.

Not sure how it works in the US, but in Canada it seems they don't actually ship the items to store, but rather have them in the store available for pickup.

They also seem to only allocate a certain amount of stock for this option. Some items i know a store has in stock are not always available for in store pickup.

​My experience exactly w/ TRU...  :-)

Also noticed that when TRU later cancels their on-line sales due to product unavailability after the fact, there's nearly always lots of the product on the store shelves but you don't always get them for their advertised on-line prices. (just like two disconnected companies irl vs ol)

Walmart on the other hand will ship between stores pretty much anything you ask for.

I am not talking about the normal pickup in store option, that is normal store inventory.  This is particular to inventory that is not normal stock at most stores that says it can be picked up in 5-10 days.  Given the stores I do not suspect they are getting stock of DS or Architecture Studio next week.  It may just be that it is available in the distribution warehouses, and can been shipped through normal means to stores.  however that is an option I dont get why they dont offer it on more sets.

I have also seen this on babies r us for some things like car seats, that are not normally available in stores. but this is the first time i have noticed it on large lego sets.

Edited by jay4e

I am not talking about the normal pickup in store option, that is normal store inventory.  This is particular to inventory that is not normal stock at most stores that says it can be picked up in 5-10 days.  Given the stores I do not suspect they are getting stock of DS or Architecture Studio next week.  It may just be that it is available in the distribution warehouses, and can been shipped through normal means to stores.  however that is an option I dont get why they dont offer it on more sets.

I have also seen this on babies r us for some things like car seats, that are not normally available in stores.

​Could be a difference between Canada and the US. TRU has no "ship to store" option in Canada .. only pick up in store and the regular buy it online and ship it to me.