Something odd last Sunday on ebay

TomOOO

Hi

Last Sunday I was checking out pricing for items on my wish list of personal items (usually technic) on ebay and bricklink and Amazon and found some ebay used technic sets near their bid time.  They were cheap - less than half list price on EOL items and I thought that is odd.  I put in a bid on the first to expire expecting to be out bid on the autobid - it didn't.  Then I expected it to be outbid later - but it wasn't and I won.  OK, next item with 3o mins to go - and so bid again on autobid with a little extra as I wanted that one.  Same again happened though someone added £6 in the last few seconds - but I still won.   There was a third item - 8421 that was on £80, good price, but really replace with the mark II so still cheap .  Shall I bid on that - or was my "pocket money" getting short (married AFOL - so have a budget ;) ).  Anyway - it sold at £80 - quite a good price  - still in 2 minds about missing 8421 as it is a classic. 

Did anyone else notice that Sunday was quiet (holiday in the UK and US) and get some bargains. 

(there was even a buy now that was 1/2 normal  price - and that sold in 30 minutes - again I could have bagged that but did really on my wish list).

That is bad - so far I have not been stung with this.

One item has been shipped, and the other emailed me to say they were away for a few days and would ship today.  So apart from being slower than bricklink to deal with orders I hope to get something soon.