Huge Lot 110lbs without minifigure

Got into a local deal, a guy has a huge lot of lego about 110lbs sorted by color and put into zip bags. the lot also contain lots of manual, viking, star war, city, vintage space sets. No idea if any sets complete or not, and one major thing is the lot do not contain any minifigures. The guy asking for $5.5 / lb so about $600 for the lot. 

I never bought used lots like this before, so got no idea how much it worth =[ 

Do you guys think it's a good take? It's for resale purpose

If it's for resale like you mention, I would stay away from it. No minifigures alone kills the deal, even at a lower price. Trying to get any of those sets built through 110lb of bricks, will be painfully time consuming. That's if the parts are all there. If you saw some manuals for some truly killer sets and fell like taking a gamble, it might be worth it. This will be a lot of work to build anything. 

Bricks is Bricks. we have many, many containers, collections , some built, some partially built, but mostly just bricks. it was always fun to sort out and find mini-figures and other non-brick pieces. We have about 75 containers this way, several are sorted by color, as we built, we could just go to the color and look for what we needed when we built from instructions that either came with the container, we have over 6 feet of instructions stacked tall. One other word, is when you do find a non-sorted container and it comes with instructions, ASK if these instructions came with these bricks? Sorting if you plan on trying to build from what is in the container: Date the container/s, mark #1, 2, etc. pick out the non-bricks/special parts, mini-figures, keep instructions together with the container/s. Put mini-figures in a plastic bag same with special parts and also keep together in the containers. This way you will know whats what with a little practice and you may be able able to build. Save time/make money: If instructions match the container contents, Check the value of the sets USED. on Brickpicker and e-bay. Unless you want it, don't build it, just part out the bricks. Many times with Mini-figures included in the containers alone. you can tell what sets/themes you have.

Now back to your question: Is $600 worth it for 110 lbs.??? Right off NO!!! 110lbs should be about 5 to 6 containers, I'm figuring the semi-clear ones from Cosco. The smaller the brick the more the container will weigh. When buying Remember: No Mini-Figures, No buy! Always bring along your empty container to pour out the one/s for sale. Look for Mega Blocks. Mixed in or whole containers. They also have to be Clean, no sticky stuff, Hair/ animal or human. If you continue to buy Lego in containers this way, you will find all kinds of stuff. Ask yourself the question? Am I looking for Just Bricks? For me I would stay away from it. Worth Maybe $200. maybe.

Advertise for Lego in your local, you are going to make a few mistakes, but thats how you learn. My wife and I bought a container once in our early days of buying a container for $50, we carefully picked a couple of hands full of mini-figures and threw the rest of away, it was too dirty to clean.http:

• Like 1

Bricks is Bricks. we have many, many containers, collections , some built, some partially built, but mostly just bricks. it was always fun to sort out and find mini-figures and other non-brick pieces. We have about 75 containers this way, several are sorted by color, as we built, we could just go to the color and look for what we needed when we built from instructions that either came with the container, we have over 6 feet of instructions stacked tall. One other word, is when you do find a non-sorted container and it comes with instructions, ASK if these instructions came with these bricks? Sorting if you plan on trying to build from what is in the container: Date the container/s, mark #1, 2, etc. pick out the non-bricks/special parts, mini-figures, keep instructions together with the container/s. Put mini-figures in a plastic bag same with special parts and also keep together in the containers. This way you will know whats what with a little practice and you may be able able to build. Save time/make money: If instructions match the container contents, Check the value of the sets USED. on Brickpicker and e-bay. Unless you want it, don't build it, just part out the bricks. Many times with Mini-figures included in the containers alone. you can tell what sets/themes you have.

Now back to your question: Is $600 worth it for 110 lbs.??? Right off NO!!! 110lbs should be about 5 to 6 containers, I'm figuring the semi-clear ones from Cosco. The smaller the brick the more the container will weigh. When buying Remember: No Mini-Figures, No buy! Always bring along your empty container to pour out the one/s for sale. Look for Mega Blocks. Mixed in or whole containers. They also have to be Clean, no sticky stuff, Hair/ animal or human. If you continue to buy Lego in containers this way, you will find all kinds of stuff. Ask yourself the question? Am I looking for Just Bricks? For me I would stay away from it. Worth Maybe $200. maybe.

Advertise for Lego in your local, you are going to make a few mistakes, but thats how you learn. My wife and I bought a container once in our early days of buying a container for $50, we carefully picked a couple of hands full of mini-figures and threw the rest of away, it was too dirty to clean.http:

Edited by mayor