eBay.ca - Help with Shipping, Listing, Fees etc.

Brasidassp

I have always listed on ebay.com never saw the advantage to ebay.ca since the USA market is way bigger. 

If you offer a US shipping option on eBay.ca, your listing will appear in eBay.com search results so there is no advantage to using eBay.com.

Not an ebay shipping specific, but i did finally get my free Canada Post Priority pre-paid envelopes from the promotion they had in December(?). And i guess for the trouble of the wait they sent an extra 2!

However there's not much these can ship aside from polybags... assume i'll keep them and offer free shipping with tracking on the more expensive polys.

• 6 months later...

I'm starting to lose it. Can anybody tell me how I can stop ebay.ca arbitrarily putting Sets in Mixed Lots or other stupid categories that are not relevant to my interests.  As soon as I enter the UPC it automatically puts the item to auction in the category of its own choosing-often wrong.  I had a Vampyre Castle end up in Mixed Lot and wonder why it didn't even clear &*%$#^(!  ninety dollars Canadian!  Didnt realize it until it sold.  Argh.  And it seems to be getting worse.  Uploaded 6866 several times and it keeps putting it in Mixed Lot.  Even though it put it in Sets two weeks ago.  I don't think ebay.com has the same problem.  May have to go that route if this is not fixable.

Edited by thirsty
drunk, eh!

On 10/16/2016 at 9:43 PM, thirsty said:

I'm starting to lose it. Can anybody tell me how I can stop ebay .ca arbitrarily putting Sets in Mixed Lots or other stupid categories that are not relevant to my interests.  As soon as I enter the UPC it automatically puts the item to auction in the category of its own choosing-often wrong.  I had a Vampyre Castle end up in Mixed Lot and wonder why it didn't even clear &*%$#^(!  ninety dollars Canadian!  Didnt realize it until it sold.  Argh.  And it seems to be getting worse.  Uploaded 6866 several times and it keeps putting it in Mixed Lot.  Even though it put it in Sets two weeks ago.  I don't think ebay .com has the same problem.  May have to go that route if this is not fixable.

They just recently revamped the set categories and I suspect they haven't fixed all the incorrectly matched UPC-category pairings. I had a bunch of sets listed prior to the change and it arbitrarily put them in stupid categories just like yours.

You can always change the category before or after listing it... If you use the bulk listing editor, it will even flag some that eBay knows are in the wrong category (even though they put them in those categories).

Drove me nuts trying to figure out why some of my sets weren't coming up in a search until a fellow BP member tipped me off to the probable cause.

I duno if it's any help... but if you're listing the same sort of sets over and over again, it might play to your advantage to simply make a template, or to set one listing up perfectly, and then use the "Sell Similar" button when you're putting up the next listing. Means you only have to swap out a few things in the entry fields per each new listing. I don't typically use UPC.... I can't think of a single person that would ever KNOW the UPC to look up... Most people search by set name or set number... As long as those two are included they'll get plenty of attention. Then you can manually set and verify the category it's being posted to. That's what I've been doing for the past year anyway. 

On ‎18‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 10:19 PM, Zelgazra said:

I duno if it's any help... but if you're listing the same sort of sets over and over again, it might play to your advantage to simply make a template, or to set one listing up perfectly, and then use the "Sell Similar" button when you're putting up the next listing. Means you only have to swap out a few things in the entry fields per each new listing. I don't typically use UPC.... I can't think of a single person that would ever KNOW the UPC to look up... Most people search by set name or set number... As long as those two are included they'll get plenty of attention. Then you can manually set and verify the category it's being posted to. That's what I've been doing for the past year anyway. 

I did.  I had templates of 6866 and 9476, etc. etc.  As soon as I uploaded the auction it changed the category it put it in.  The only way around it is to not load the UPC or the MPN.  Very annoying.

23 minutes ago, thirsty said:

I did.  I had templates of 6866 and 9476, etc. etc.  As soon as I uploaded the auction it changed the category it put it in.  The only way around it is to not load the UPC or the MPN.  Very annoying.

Does the same thing happen if you use the "sell similar" function though? Changes when you change the UPC? I did this just earlier today and it didn't change the catergory selection on me. 

• 7 months later...
18 minutes ago, lobo1969 said:

" eBay's prices will not change as a result of this legal entity change "

Prices will increase, but only slightly.  This works out to a 50 cent fee increase per $100 sold, if you are in the 5% tax bracket and I doubt that sellers are going to eat the extra $1-2 per $100

The notice reads that sales tax applies to all Canadian sellers whether the sale is on ebay Canada or US as it depends on your registered address.

1 hour ago, Sandwraith said:

Looks like ebay bucks are coming back in July, a bit late if you ask me haha... I've scaled down drastically, but would have loved to have been collecting them during my prime....

I'm guessing this has something to do with becoming their own legal entity in Canada recently... changes to postage and now eBay bucks. I personally think business had been suffering and they're trying to steer some business away from Amazon.ca.

• Like 1

If i read correctly, they'll put the taxes on the fees, so they pay the taxes to the goverment, not the seller that pays it.  I didn't read they are taking fees on taxes, but that taxes will be added to the fees invoice, in that way, taxes are always charged and must be added to the invoice sent to buyer automaticly.

Thats bs.

is it the buyer adresse or seller adresses??

If I buy from quebec to exemple alberta, will I be paying alberta taxes or quebec taxes?