Suspicious activity from online store

Hello everyone, I am new to lego investing and am curious about some suspicious activity from an online store. I have placed two orders from them and so far nearly all of the sets of have arrived. One item, prince of persia 7573 which was 50% off was out of stock and I received a full refund through google wallet. The other items all arrived but from various retail sites suck as B&****** and ToysRus with gift receipts or higher amounts listed as paid than I did. Everything arrived promptly in great condition but the circumstances are very suspicious to me. What am I not seeing here? All of the orders are placed by someone else, so far 9 items have arrived.

The store is www.PretendPlays.com; what is a drop shipping scam? I am getting all the items and they are in great condition, I was very worried about ordering from an unknown seller due to some of the shipping horror stories I have heard about people shipping items without any box ect. Who is the seller scamming? Do I need to report this to someone? GoogleWallet? Lego? The retailers? The police? Please let me know what needs to be done.

If you are getting the items from other stores and it has other peoples name and details in the "sold to" area then they are drop shipping using fraudulent or stolen credit cards. What they do is when you place an order they use stolen credit card information to place the order and have it shipped directly to you. Everything seems great because you get the items and they are in great condition but to B&******, TRU, Target, Walmart and any place else these shipped from it looks like you just used a stolen credit card to purchase these items and ship them to yourself. I really don't know who you would report this to and maybe others can chime in but I would definitely not buy from them anymore. You will eventually get banned from receiving items shipped to your house from these stores and at least one other person said that the police showed up at their door one day because of something similar.

The store is www.PretendPlays.com; what is a drop shipping scam? I am getting all the items and they are in great condition, I was very worried about ordering from an unknown seller due to some of the shipping horror stories I have heard about people shipping items without any box ect.

Who is the seller scamming? Do I need to report this to someone? GoogleWallet? Lego? The retailers? The police?

Please let me know what needs to be done.

Drop shipping is when a seller uses stolen credit cards to buy LEGO sets and send it to you. The sets are from a large retail store like Target, Walmart, B&N, etc... Shipping and billing addresses do not match. Prices on receipts are usually higher than what they charged you. I cannot tell you what to do, but you are basically receiving stolen merchandise. Maybe a start would be to contact the seller, then the companies that sent you the items. GoogleWallet should also be alerted. Let the retailers walk you through it.

I kind of doubt that a website like that is using stolen credit cards. I'd think they would get shut down too fast to make it worth their time and effort to put up the website.

Based on what he says happened that is the only explanation. There are hundreds of people on eBay doing the same thing and some have hundreds or even thousands of positive feedback and have been a member for years and they don't get shut down. Chances are this place is using a 3rd party supplier that is the one committing the fraud.

Also maybe they are only doing the drop shipping on Lego products they sell and are legit on everything else. If they are using a 3rd party supplier like those on eBay do then they might not even know that the fraud is happening. Their supplier is shipping and their customers are receiving so everyone is happy.

yeah seems like a total scam. and people that do this kind of thing like setting up fake websites and all that stuff have nothing but time and effort on their hands. they will take as much time and effort as needed to make sure that their scam is successful and they will do every trick in the book to make it work no matter who they hurt or rip off. Just look at that show catfish. the lengths people will go to in order to pull off lies and fool people are really quite disturbing.

I kind of doubt that a website like that is using stolen credit cards. I'd think they would get shut down too fast to make it worth their time and effort to put up the website.

Who is going to shut them down? You got your stuff. Who is complaining? They can do this for weeks or months before someone catches on and shuts it down. Internet fraud is ignored by many local Police departments. They don't have the manpower to follow up. The FBI is busy too. These crooks know this and use it to their advantage. Trust me, it's a scam.

Who is going to shut them down? You got your stuff. Who is complaining? They can do this for weeks or months before someone catches on and shuts it down. Internet fraud is ignored by many local Police departments. They don't have the manpower to follow up. The FBI is busy too. These crooks know this and use it to their advantage. Trust me, it's a scam.

Exactly.

Come to think of it, who exactly are you supposed to report sites like this to?

I didn't think the FBI had a hotline number for this kind of thing.

And there is no 'Geek Squad' to take the site down or bust the crooks.

Who is going to shut them down? You got your stuff. Who is complaining?

I was thinking that the person who got his or her credit card stolen would report the unauthorized transactions. I check my credit-card accounts almost daily, but I'm guessing not everyone does that.

I was thinking that the person who got his or her credit card stolen would report the unauthorized transactions. I check my credit-card accounts almost daily, but I'm guessing not everyone does that.

Yes, they probably do report the transactions. But you have to remember that the person who

How do people benefit from drop shipping?

The seller usually gets 20-80% commission on all the items that are sold through the drop shipper. The seller sells the item and collects the money. Then tells the drop shipper the buyers info and they order the item using a stolen credit card. The original seller then pays the drop shipper a portion of the original payment once the buyer receives the item. Usually the seller isn't the one doing the drop shipping but they could very well be in some cases. The buyer gets their item, the seller and the drop shipper both made their money and no one complains so they just keep doing it over and over.