Possible Remake of UCS Darth Vader Tie 2017?

Cashmoney-0

maybe.  personally, i think the next UCS SW set will be a Ep 7 ship unless Lego really wants a A-Wing or Landspeeder.

the tie-fighter and slave 1 sets were long overdue (were the only key remaining original trilogy ships never made). thus, it was just a matter of time they were created. 

AT-AT I can see, but there was a UCS Tie before this new one was just released, so Lego might be trying to recreate trench scene by coming out with UCS Darth Tie. Like the B-Wing, I believe the A-Wing will suffer in sales and other Star Wars vehicles will be more profitable.   

I would like to see a UCS ISD first honestly.  That's one set that could truly be made better with todays building techniques.  But with the movie coming out, and the possible rumor of the Hoth Echo Base/AT-AT (I've heard either or,) I just don't think we are going to be seeing any remakes of older UCS sets for a while.

Stuff my LEGO store employee says: "they've gotta release another MF, it's in the new movies and it's impossible to get one, I hope it's UCS size like 5K pieces"

Being that I just got the 10179 and 7965, I'm not 100% in support of this statement LOL

We do have a motorized AT-AT (10178) from 2007-2010 (or so). Although it doesn't have a UCS Badge it was on that UCS poster.  Plus we already have a playset-like AT-AT currently in shelves.  Thus, I'm not sure if we'll be seeing that soon.

Unlike the 10227 B-Wing, the A-Wing is sorta loved by many due to it's pivotal ROTJ scene. (and the popular 1984 / Kenner toy is usually in-demand ).  Like the landspeeder, it's just kinda small though.  

I think we might see a Vader's Tie before all of the above sets though espeially since 10175 was done long ago and Lego designers came along way since that set (just look at the current UCS Tie). 

Obviously another UCS MF would be most welcomed and prob be a best seller.

i would love a UCS Sail Barge.

With Lego, we'll never know though since they like to throw us curve balls.  The Vader Tie might have the best chance along with an ep 7 MF if Lego doesn't do another ep 7 ship.

Edited by jaisonline
  • Like 3

I still believe that we won't see an UCS EP7 ship until late 2016. OT material is less risky until the verdict of the movies settles down. If I wanted to speculate then I would also guess an ISD rerelease. With today's techniques the difference would be heaven and earth. I just can't like the 10030 it is so bulky compared to newer UCS sets. Since it was released straight after the X-Wing it was very long ago. I would welcome one not because I don't want to spend on 10030 but I want an improved version. 

• Like 1

I still believe that we won't see an UCS EP7 ship until late 2016. OT material is less risky until the verdict of the movies settles down. If I wanted to speculate then I would also guess an ISD rerelease. With today's techniques the difference would be heaven and earth. I just can't like the 10030 it is so bulky compared to newer UCS sets. Since it was released straight after the X-Wing it was very long ago. I would welcome one not because I don't want to spend on 10030 but I want an improved version. 

​The only problem I have with (and maybe some of you others too) with large UCS space ships like the ISD is scale when compared to the UCS xwing for example. I would not display them next to each other and after building a UCS xwing it captures so much more detail imo than a larger ship.  For this reason I think tlg concentrates on making one-man ships, which is why I would think DVT would have a good chance of coming out right after regular tie fighter retires.   

​Good assessment here.  I also think a dark-horse UCS set would be the Landspeeder.  That said, I'd also like to see an updated ISD; as a bonus, it seems to appear in Ep VII, at least as a crashed hulk.  

I think we will see Episode VII UCS next year. UCS Tie advanvced doesn't need a re imaging, even though X wing and sandcrawler did. Like someone else said in this thread, I think we may see lukes land speeder in UCS treatment.

As for an UCS A Wing, hmmm, not sure as the UCS Snow speeder is like the poor ugly cousin of UCS sets, proportions are all wrong.

I think we will see Episode VII UCS next year. UCS Tie advanvced doesn't need a re imaging, even though X wing and sandcrawler did. Like someone else said in this thread, I think we may see lukes land speeder in UCS treatment.

As for an UCS A Wing, hmmm, not sure as the UCS Snow speeder is like the poor ugly cousin of UCS sets, proportions are all wrong.

​I disagree.  I think Lego knows where their bread is buttered with these sets and it's with the OT.  PT movies only got 4 UCS sets, and I think you could argue they are all the worst ones outside of the Darth Maul bust.  They also didn't start with a UCS for them until 2001, 2 years after E1 came out. 

I firmly believe our next UCS for 2016 will be an OT set, coming from probably an AT/AT, or a TIE Advanced or MF re-hash.  I could get on board with the Land Speeder as well and the one on Ideas is very well done.  If you count a MF with a new radar dish in UCS form an E7 set, then that's cheating, as it's obviously a classic OT vehicle given an E7 treatment.  Oh, and our next big playset better be a damn Cloud City!!!! C'mon Lego!

I don't think Vader's TIE Advanced is the way to go next. A UCS MF remake really should come first, at least, for every reason imaginable.

And please, anything but another AT-AT. I know the vehicle lacks the plaque treatment and all, but sheesh... we've had 4 large ones, with the latest still on the shelf. No thanks. Give it another 4 years and then I'd love it. Similar feelings with Jabba's Sail Barge...

A-Wing just makes no sense to me, and I am a completionist like few others can claim. It's on the D-list right after the B-Wing. (C what I did there?)

Luke's Landspeeder would be pretty cool if done right, but...

I haven't figured out why no one else seems to want a UCS Speeder Bike!! C'mon who doesn't love that thing? (Complete with Stormtrooper AND Ewok minifigs - jk) I realize the design may be challenging at that scale but what do we pay these people for, right?

I'm probably alone on this but I think a UCS Trade Federation blockade ship would be pretty sweet, too. Very unique design there. Obviously that one will never happen, though.

And finally, it stupifies me that they have not produced a Darth Vader bust along the lines of Maul, Yoda, R2. Only Chewie and Boba would be missing from my Dream Team then.

• Like 1

I don't think Vader's TIE Advanced is the way to go next. A UCS MF remake really should come first, at least, for every reason imaginable.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say impossible. Build techniques haven't improved enough to improve upon the existing one much considering it looks the same in VII. As it already looks so accurate, they would have to change the style completely, which wouldn't make sense. It would have to be a re-release, which 1) wouldn't come without complaint 2) doesn't quite make sense for the "Ultimate Collector's Series" (this is like collecting original art, you don't just get to push a button and get an original Mona Lisa). It also doesn't seem like huge 5K piece UCS sets are the best for their bottom line, and they're pretty much about that these days from what I've heard. More elegantly said than I: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=82388&#entry1590801 

What I could actually see being more likely is they start building smaller pieces of this large ships as playsets that you can combine. eg. a piece of a MF or DS that can be combined into a larger MF or DS than the UCS.

There's a lot of other options, as you mentioned.

And please, anything but another AT-AT. I know the vehicle lacks the plaque treatment and all, but sheesh... we've had 4 large ones, with the latest still on the shelf. No thanks. Give it another 4 years and then I'd love it. Similar feelings with Jabba's Sail Barge...

A-Wing just makes no sense to me, and I am a completionist like few others can claim. It's on the D-list right after the B-Wing. (C what I did there?)

Luke's Landspeeder would be pretty cool if done right, but...

I haven't figured out why no one else seems to want a UCS Speeder Bike!! C'mon who doesn't love that thing? (Complete with Stormtrooper AND Ewok minifigs - jk) I realize the design may be challenging at that scale but what do we pay these people for, right?

I'm probably alone on this but I think a UCS Trade Federation blockade ship would be pretty sweet, too. Very unique design there. Obviously that one will never happen, though.

And finally, it stupifies me that they have not produced a Darth Vader bust along the lines of Maul, Yoda, R2. Only Chewie and Boba would be missing from my Dream Team then.

​You mean like this one?

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=86896

By the way by not releasing an UCS falcon LEGO can surely achieve one thing. It's the "I did not buy it when it was being produced and now it is so expensive" argument. It's the set you can always point at when you want to sell your product. The living example for people to buy sets before they are retired. By now almost everybody and their dog knows about the giant expensive LEGO Falcon. As long as LEGO can induce the regret in people for missing these sets the firm is sitting on a gold mine. If there is a set they should keep forever retired for this reason then it is the Falcon.

• Like 5

My UCS collecting started with the Imperial Shuttle and B-wing (I skipped Obi-wan's JSF), so I would love a chance to get Darth Vader's TIE, a TIE Interceptor, and a Y-wing.  Not sure how likely any of those are to be revisited though.

UCS DVT design was not bad for the time but considering the base plates that made up the wings had holes in them it really killed the set. Realisticly its much easier for lego to redesign a previois model rather than create a new one from scratch. For those two reasons I think we will see a remake. I believe the DVT will be a coveted set and an easy money maker for Lego.