No prices lists for mini-figs?

I'm new here, so I'm not really sure where to post this, but this is the "site information" forum, so I thought it would be good place to start. I'm looking to purchase a Medusa 71001-2 and I'm trying to price it out. Anyway, I looked it up on brickpicker and although the mini-fig is listed in the database, there's no price associated with it. I find this very odd, since they seem to be selling fairly regularly on ebay. Can anyone enlighten me?

There are many anomalies associated with minifigure listings on eBay, so it is simpler to not have price information for them. If averaging a few listings is too difficult for you, you can also go on the BrickLink database and search up Medusa. They aren't 100% consistent with eBay, but generally are within about 15% of each other, based on personal experience.

Edited by comicblast
  • Like 1

Yeah the main reason minifig prices can't be easily tracked is because there isn't a consistent naming convention for them used by Ebay sellers.   Set numbers are used for the set's but minifigs get named many different ways so it's hard to aggregate the sales data. 

A related question, when have people found is the best time to sell a popular mini-fig? While the series is running, shortly after the end of run, or waiting a few series? 

Have few hot dog guys so just curious.

When the series comes out, there is a very small window to make a larger profit, but that is risky. I'd just wait until supply dries out and sell it in a year, since they're so easy to store.

• Like 1