Brickpicker community Rank & Awards

Ted

Just out of curiosity, i decided to post this in order to get some more information since i have done a search through the whole forum and not find anything close enough.

• I have often seen other Brickpicker members having different 'Rank', for example i am a 'Brick Broker' and some others are 'Brick Manager' or 'Brick Picker'. TheOrcKing in his profile is a 'Chairman of the brick'. That being said, i would like to know how we members achieve these 'Ranks' and in what order are they achieve from? i believe i go from 'Brick Picker' to 'Brick Broker' so what is next?
  • Regarding the Awards, i used to see them the last time on the old forums but not now in the new forums, maybe the system is still getting updated hence it will take a while i guess. Once again, what awards are there and how to achieve them. I read somewhere on another thread that we members can get some awards just by asking? That is interesting.

I guess the above 2 questions will put Jeff and Mack and of course the other moderators or senior members of the community into a bit of a busy discussion before the weekend.

Meanwhile i am still getting used to the new forum layout and format, it is still a wonderful learning experience and enjoyment of Lego and every bit a very useful website to use since i get out of my dark ages around 2 years ago. Well done everyone! :good:

Titles (Brick Broker, Chairman of the Brick, etc.) are based on the number of forum posts you have, and you automatically advance from one title to another. Awards are awarded by moderators and admin. Some you can get easily, such as Male or Female Bricker. Currently, I can't find the tab for Awards since the forum is undergoing a transition to a new template, but it probably will be up later for you to see the full array of awards. Here are some other awards:

• # of Posts
  • Deal Finder
  • Questioner
  • Geezer/Brick Brat (based on age)
  • Welcomer
  • Postman
  • 007 (knows secret information)
  • Spammer
  • Troll
  • Photographer
Edited by comicblast
  • Like 1

Good question.   As Comicblast stated, we have recently upgraded the forum software to the latest version.   This had to be done to keep in good standing with Google and to remain "state of the art" as they say.  Because it is a new version, some of our old old features and gimmicks did not carry over to the new forum.  Some will have to be reproduced for the new template.  

That being said, Jeff has told me of a new and interactive awards and reputation system that is being tested for the new forum by the developer.  There are some features we are adding shortly, but I think we will wait to see how the new awards system works before we go back to the old awards and ranks.   When we get more information, we will pass it along and explain that system in more detail.  Thanks.